Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Modification & Reference

Quote Originally Posted by destruya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Thanks, including for the MRO and an option for the 1301C, both things I am curious about.
    I just got a pistol setup how I want with an SRO and am probably going to start shooting Open class in three gun. Consequently, I will probably put an optic on my 1301 Comp, but this presents some dilemma, not as much mount support for the Comp.

If these were not discontinued, I would probably go with KE Arms and use the silver R1 I have currently on my Ruger MK III.

I like the Rusty Nuts option, and like that I would have the MRO option (I have three of them, like that they are $380), or I could use the R1.

But I am a bit enamored with the 5moa dot in my new SRO, and while I would prefer a closed emitter, I sure like the sight picture of that SRO. And maybe I would wrap it up in the Jagerwerks B.R.O.S. ?

Anyway, this thread has been a big help, anybody know of any 1301 Comp mounts I am overlooking? One that offered the RMR/SRO would be peachy.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I just got a pistol setup how I want with an SRO and am probably going to start shooting Open class in three gun. Consequently, I will probably put an optic on my 1301 Comp, but this presents some dilemma, not as much mount support for the Comp.

If these were not discontinued, I would probably go with KE Arms and use the silver R1 I have currently on my Ruger MK III.

I like the Rusty Nuts option, and like that I would have the MRO option (I have three of them, like that they are $380), or I could use the R1.

But I am a bit enamored with the 5moa dot in my new SRO, and while I would prefer a closed emitter, I sure like the sight picture of that SRO. And maybe I would wrap it up in the Jagerwerks B.R.O.S. ?

Anyway, this thread has been a big help, anybody know of any 1301 Comp mounts I am overlooking? One that offered the RMR/SRO would be peachy.
    Vang Comp https://www.vangcomp.com/product/vcs-micro-mount

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    That thing would be just perfect, but...
    Name:  Vang.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  16.5 KB

Maybe I should consider some extra holes...

Given the latest version of the 1301 Tactical combined with the Aridus upgrades and modifications that are available, is this the pinnacle of the 1301 Tactical?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Given the latest version of the 1301 Tactical combined with the Aridus upgrades and modifications that are available, is this the pinnacle of the 1301 Tactical?
    I sure hope so--I'm running out of money.😁

If you want the Comp style hold down lifter (like me) and you have the Tactical version.

You can get them in the US now:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/ssea...?Search=C7C940

I haven't installed the 3" version yet but the Comp version is pretty easy. I have one on order and a Tactical model coming in from Eurooptic here shortly.

If you are like me and have narrow fingers/thumbs and grew up shooting Browning and Mossberg pump shotguns, it is a really nice upgrade.

It also means my wife, who got her finger trapped between the lifter and the receiver on my old Benelli M1 will actually entertain the thought of learning to load and shoot it, maybe.

Does the Gen 2 bolt release lever fit on the Gen 1?

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Does the Gen 2 bolt release lever fit on the Gen 1?
    I cannot say for certain, but am pretty certain it would.
    Also, there are really only two variations, some fit things like my 391 and the ones that fit the 1301, pretty easy to get the thing out and peek at it.

New from Aridus and only $16 for the upgrade.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    It's nice that Aridus has the buffered fastener assembly out there now.

Mind you, it isn't necessary. The Aridus SGA adapter has been out there on scores of guns with high round counts for a long time without anyone having any issues resulting from it. Before I swapped my factory stocks out to the Aridus SGA setup I asked the people at Beretta who know the most about the 1301 whether or not forgoing the factory buffer would cause any long term reliability or durability issues and the answer was a definitive "No."

So if you want the upgraded buffered fastener assembly, by all means go for it. Just don't feel like it's something you absolutely have to have in your gun.

I won't be changing the setup in my guns. But like J. B. Books once said, you do what your insides tell ya.

On the subject of newer modifications since the origination of this thread, Aridus is now selling a replacement magazine follower:

https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...idus-follower/

I tested prototypes of the follower back at the beginning of the year with my gun and some client guns that have had issues with aftermarket followers. After some back and forth to dial it in, the version that's on sale seems to work very well in every gun I've tested or seen it in. So I'll amend my original post to say to stick with the factory Beretta follower, but if you want an upgrade with a more tactile feel to it the Aridus SMRT is the way to go in the 1301.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List