Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMSw on a P365XL?

RMSw on a P365XL?

I’ve been considering picking up a P365XL, but red dot options seem limited. I’ve been wondering about the Shield RMSw, I like the large dot and glass lens options. I’m hoping someone here has tried the combination.

1. Can anyone confirm these will direct mount and seal on a P365XL?

2. Is the built in rear sight viable on a P365XL? Was a new, taller front sight required?

3. How does brightness work with these? Is it automatic or manual? If automatic, is it workable?

I’ve been resistant to trying Shield due to concerns about stateside support, but the RMSw seems to check a lot of boxes.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The RMSc is probably a safer choice, based on units shipped. 4 and 8 moa sots are available. It has auto intensity only. The built in rear sight is vestigial but adequate.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks - I need to familiarize myself with what RDS will direct mount on these. Holosun may be a safer (and cheaper) option for now.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Holosun just announced EPS Carry (closed emitter) that should mount directly to p365XL. I think they said will ship Q1 or Q2 of 2022.

I'm holding out for this on my P365XL. I'll probably buy it through the Brownells affiliate link on P-F. It should qualify for Brownells "Guaranteed Forever" policy, so if I don't like it, or they release a more desirable version in the future, I can simply cash it back in and loose no money. That is really nice.

Last edited by frozentundra; 01-20-2022 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Holosun just announced EPS Carry (closed emitter) that should mount directly to p365XL. I think they said will ship Q1 or Q2 of 2022.

I'm holding out for this on my P365XL. I'll probably buy it through the Brownells affiliate link on P-F. It should qualify for Brownells "Guaranteed Forever" policy, so if I don't like it, or they release a more desirable version in the future, I can simply cash it back in and loose no money. That is really nice.

This may well be my best option.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Even if you buy a different product through Brownells now, if it qualifies for the Guaranteed Forever policy, you should still be able to cash it in for store credit on a Holosun EPS Carry in the future. This also reduces some of the potential problems associated with customer support from the manufacturers. And it supports P-F if you buy through the affiliate link.

I think this is a pretty cool arrangement!

I've considering purchasing a 407K/507K to hold me over until the EPS is ready to ship. This is assuming Brownells will carry the EPS, but I think it's a pretty safe bet. Also, I'm not sure how fast the turnaround is on Brownells part for their guarantee. It may be worth a try though. If it wasn't the middle of winter here, I'd be more inclined to order something now, but mid-January through March is not a great time for shooting where I live, so I may just wait it out. All of my shooting is done outdoors.
    Last edited by frozentundra; 01-20-2022 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Even if you buy a different product through Brownells now, if it qualifies for the Guaranteed Forever policy, you should still be able to cash it in for store credit on a Holosun EPS Carry in the future. This also reduces some of the potential problems associated with customer support from the manufacturers. And it supports P-F if you buy through the affiliate link.

I think this is a pretty cool arrangement!

I've considering purchasing a 407K/507K to hold me over until the EPS is ready to ship. This is assuming Brownells will carry the EPS, but I think it's a pretty safe bet. Also, I'm not sure how fast the turnaround is on Brownells part for their guarantee. It may be worth a try though. If it wasn't the middle of winter here, I'd be more inclined to order something now, but mid-January through March is not a great time for shooting where I live, so I may just wait it out. All of my shooting is done outdoors.
    Also, I have no problem with the idea of just shooting the XL with irons until the RDS options sort themselves out.
    Ken

I’ve been considering picking up a P365XL, but red dot options seem limited. I’ve been wondering about the Shield RMSw, I like the large dot and glass lens options. I’m hoping someone here has tried the combination.

1. Can anyone confirm these will direct mount and seal on a P365XL?

2. Is the built in rear sight viable on a P365XL? Was a new, taller front sight required?

3. How does brightness work with these? Is it automatic or manual? If automatic, is it workable?

I’ve been resistant to trying Shield due to concerns about stateside support, but the RMSw seems to check a lot of boxes.
    I have the RMSx which is the same size base as the RMSw and it works fine and seals fine. Automatic light sensor is excellent. I like large windows and for me it’s probably more important and a priority over a closed emitter.

Name:  608E09EE-13BB-42EF-9D8F-11BBDE4C12EE.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  57.2 KB

There’s a noticeable performance advantage for me in using the larger window over something traditional like a 407/507k or RMSc even.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I have the RMSx which is the same size base as the RMSw and it works fine and seals fine. Automatic light sensor is excellent. I like large windows and for me it’s probably more important and a priority over a closed emitter.

Name:  608E09EE-13BB-42EF-9D8F-11BBDE4C12EE.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  57.2 KB

There’s a noticeable performance advantage for me in using the larger window over something traditional like a 407/507k or RMSc even.
    I don’t think I’d want such a large (read wide) window on a defensive carry P365. At this point I’m planning on the new EPS Carry.
    Ken

I have been using a 407k for a while on my P365X. Been observing a fair amount of lint on the lens, both sides. It requires regular PM to ensure it's more or less clean. The interior glass surface, in particular. Getting a MF towel in lately I've used the eraser end of a pencil to squeegee the glass. Appears to be working, but I suspect an enclosed emitter would be easier to wipe.

I'm on the fence whether the juice for me (Florida) of buying an enclosed emitter for carry is worth the squeeze of cost upgrade to an EPS.

I was attracted by the new Holosun solar-sensing algorithm in the SCS line discussed at SHOT. This appears to be a vastly improved algorithm with additional light sensing LED to better adapt MRDS brightness to ambient lighting.

Now if the EPS line up comes out with the adaptive light sensing capabilities of the SCS...that would be cool.

User Tag List