Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther Dynamic Performance Trigger

Walther Dynamic Performance Trigger

https://waltherarms.com/dynamic-perf...trigger-black/

I just installed one of these in my PPQ and am pleased with the results.

Compared to the stock trigger;

• Shorter take-up
    • Less over-travel
    • shorter reset
    • cleaner break

Though the Walther web page states a 3.8 pound break, I'm not feeling any reduction from the stock trigger, which was around five pounds. I'll get an actual measurement this weekend.

Overall a nice upgrade over the stock trigger, resulting in a truly excellent pull for a SA striker-fired gun. Well worth the coin IMO.

Think there are Sprinco springs if you want the pull lighter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There are indeed! All stock springs in this one, my plan is to leave them as the weight will no doubt fall a little with use.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I used one Sprinco in my Q5, don't remember off hand which one I replaced. Whichever one is easiest. Ha. Mine comes in at 3lb 12oz. About right for me. I have heard the Walther Dynamic Performance Trigger helps with having a false start that some people get on the stock trigger. Me included. What I mean by that is the trigger safety can be a wee bit more touchy than the one in say a Glock which I have never missed.

Since the PPQ is not a dedicated range/competition pistol, the "factory pull weight" is exactly what I hoped for. Stock pull weight and all OEM parts works for me.

Through my ongoing dry-firing (with use of a snap-cap) this trigger is 100% consistent on the break (the stock trigger certainly was not). With a normal press it breaks cleanly every time. If I build pressure very slowly from the wall (like 5+ seconds), I can occasionally detect some creep. But with a normal press the break is consistently clean, much like a Geissele SSA in both feel and weight. The greatly reduced take-up and over-travel are appreciated too.

The trigger itself is made entirely of metal and is nicely finished, and is of much higher quality than the all-plastic trigger the pistol came with. The trigger more-precisely fits in the frame with little-to-no play, both side-to-side and on the slide release pin on which it pivots.

I'm pleased with this trigger, a very substantial improvement over the stock trigger and a nice upgrade for the PPQ.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    ...I'm pleased with this trigger, a very substantial improvement over the stock trigger and a nice upgrade for the PPQ.
    Considering that the stock PPQ is considered among the very best in class, this is high praise indeed. Guess I need one.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Considering that the stock PPQ is considered among the very best in class, this is high praise indeed. Guess I need one.
    I have a few hundred dry squeezes on it now and I'm even more impressed.

Admittedly the stock trigger in my sample of the PPQ was pretty bad out of the box. The trigger bar was rough, I think it was made on a Friday afternoon after happy hour started. It suffered from a crunchy take-up to the wall, including one "false wall" created by the trigger bar engaging the striker safety plunger. I managed to smooth that up with some polishing of the trigger bar. At the actual wall, I've always had to very deliberately pull through the long sear engagement to avoid an annoying creep/stop before the break. After reading all the hype about the PPQ's excellent trigger prior to buying it, it was a major let-down once I had one.

My PPQ is like a new gun with this trigger, and is now more than meeting my original expectations.

Good report & Nice looking trigger.

I got similar results with the Apex trigger & 2 different springs from Sprinco.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    ...After reading all the hype about the PPQ's excellent trigger prior to buying it, it was a major let-down once I had one...
    It is known among Walther fans that bad triggers do occur. There are many things you can do if you get a bad on, like smoothing the trigger bar, which is by far the most common problem.

After many PPQs, I just got a PDP and the trigger bar is better that on any of my PPQs. I just shot my first match with it today and really like it. I'm going to order the Walther trigger as a next step.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

I shot Jim Dexter's (Walther Defense Division) Q4/5SF frankengun with this trigger a couple years back at VCQB Instructor and was impressed enough to order a Q5SF and the trigger before the class was over. It's a great striker trigger. About as light as you'd want for defensive use. I have an Apex in an M&P 2.0 that might beat it, but it's also too light for me to want to carry it. I think the PDT is a worthy upgrade.

User Tag List