Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brownells 1-6 MPO

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Brownells 1-6 MPO

....Huh.

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mou...tm_content=MPO

On the one hand, this is apparently a japanese made scope they are selling for $440. On the other hand, the reticle is really dumb. Looks like they too my already kind of small Meopta KDot and made it even smaller and less helpful. At least my KDot has a decent BDC...

Thoughts? I have a gun this might go well with so I am thinking about it.

Yeah, I'm not digging that reticle at all.

A 16oz Japanese 1-6 sure is tempting...

But WTF is that reticle?

From the propaganda, it looks like they're trying to copy the old Aug reticle.

Inspired by the reticle in the original optic provided on the Austrian StG77 (Steyr® AUG), the “Donut” reticle is simplistic, while still providing basic ranging capabilities. The simple Donut ring allows your eye to naturally place the target in the center, ensuring fast alignment.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Agree. Do not like. It looks like a horizontal line--the center doesn't stand out. I would find it too easy to make windage errors when making quick transitions or shooting on the move.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-19-2022 at 09:31 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    A simple MRAD or even mil-dot would be better...

I'd much prefer the Burris RT6 for around the same $.

https://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/...scope-1-6x24mm
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    They say the inspiration is the AUG reticle but this reticle reminds me more of the night force FCG 2.

I plan to try one of these. In my experience the AUG donut and the FCG 2 work better as a carbine optic then one might think.

There are a ton of scopes out there that have LED center dots however for people who are looking at alternatives to conventional RDS optics due to issues with LED and astigmatism, Going from an LED red dot optic to an LED LPVOs it’s not helpful.

The thing to remember is this is not intended to be a Precision scope / reticle. Think of this as a red dot /ACOG replacement that allows hits on torso size targets like the circle or chevron reticles in ACOGs.

I do agree that some sort of vertical reference like that found in the ACOGs of Leupold’s CMR reticles would be an improvement but this is 1/3 the price of Leupolds new 1-6 patrol optic.

Brownell reticle VS NF 1-4

The two different reticles are similar. The Brownell's is a cruder version in my opinion. To bad in doesn't come in a standard duplex. I really like Japanese scopes. My Bushnell's have been great.

Brownell
    https://cdn-fsly.yottaa.net/53ff2f50....jpg?yocs=p_E_

Night Force
    https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.Nmi4ld...r=1.25&pid=1.7

Brownell reticle VS NF 1-4

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They say the inspiration is the AUG reticle but this reticle reminds me more of the night force FCG 2.

I plan to try one of these. In my experience the AUG donut and the FCG 2 work better as a carbine optic then one might think.
    I have been using a NF 1-4 with the FCG 2 reticle for about two years on LMT 16 and 14.5 ARs. It is a great scope and fast to use. I shoot at paper and steel targets. It's a shame that it was discontinued for general sales because it is a great alternative to the ACOG in my opinion. I usually shoot at 100-200 yards but have shot past 300 yards and don't have much trouble hitting steel plates the size of a sheet of paper of slightly larger.

I have a SB Short Dot on another carbine and for the money, I think the Night Force is a great optic. They would have sold more if the price could have been brought down. I paid $1,600 for mine new after the scope was discontinued and still feel it was money well spent.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List