Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: LAPD gets 1st delivery of new FN 509s

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    What ever happend with the “Hiper,” I think there are a few pics and one or two videos, the nada?
    Not available in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWindage View Post
    Good on them, how many more accidents will happen with the 320 before it’s recalled again?
    Or what happens when an officer has an AD with the 509? Who will take the blame here?

When someone has an AD with a Glock it is seen as a training issue. When someone has an AD with a 320 it is a mechanical failure.

We still don't know what's actually going on here. We've got lots of probabilities and talk of weak springs, dirty guns or issues with tolerances but nothing so far as been replicated in a testing environment from what we've seen.

With all that said I'm on record saying SIG should have done an outright recall instead of the voluntary upgrade. It is hard to say if that would have changed anything or not. But it certainly wouldn't have made anything worse.

I have a couple 320s but I am not shooting them presently. One because I have guns I enjoy shooting more. Two because I'm tired of "don't shoot yourself" every time I'm at the range. Three because I don't want to shoot myself....

Happy Friday!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWindage View Post
    Good on them, how many more accidents will happen with the 320 before it’s recalled again?
    FN finally got serious about pistols with the 509 in hopes of getting the U.S. Military MHS contract. I'm confident the 509 is GTG (they passed my Agency's last round of testing but didn't get the contract), however, you are aware FN's prior striker fired duty gun, the FN FNS had a history of going off in holsters after impacts with agencies in both Maryland and Arizona.

The FNS had other problems which have been well documented here by some of those issued them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have a couple 320s but I am not shooting them presently. One because I have guns I enjoy shooting more. Two because I'm tired of "don't shoot yourself" every time I'm at the range…
    Name:  IMG_0899.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  24.4 KB
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List