Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new 327 mg ammo

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    It is the Linux of revolver rounds. It makes a tremendous amount of sense, but can't gain traction due to the inertia of legacy products.
    I think there's more to it than that. There's certainly a factor that it can't gain traction because of the small number of people willing to have a flash-bang go off in their hands while shooting a carry-sized gun.

It needs to be in a non-carry-sized gun to not be unpleasant, and that makes it a really fine walking-around jack rabbit slayer. With heavier bullets and longer barrels, not a bad antelope-size game getter, but then you do get into legacy products and handloading hard cast. I probably would have picked one up along the way if the 115gr Gold Dot had been available at any point after I started noticing the cartridge.

.32 H&R matches 9mm velocity for bullet weight and with 115gr Gold Dots or equivalent would likely be a much better fit for the defensive mission. I came really close to buying a couple SP101s so chambered before prices got silly. So you can probably lay some blame for the poor acceptance of .32 in the modern era at the feet of magnumitis and velocity worship.

Lately, I've talked myself out of being interested in these .32s by having a .38 SPL octagon and a .357 bull barrel, both 10 inches, for my Contender. Also have a CVA Scout in .300 BLK for the short/light single shot long gun mission. You can even load up the 90gr .309 Hornady XTP for the CVA and have pistol bullet terminal ballistics at pistol bullet velocity with reduced loads. Add an accessory, and it's the ultimate trash-panda-removal tool. I can't figure out what I'd do with a .32 that I can't load up for one of those barrels, and they'll do a lot more besides.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 05-09-2022 at 03:11 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Maybe Ruger can generate a little interest with a Marlin lever gun and Blackhawk single action combo?
    How about a Single-Seven and a Henry combo?

https://ruger.com/products/newModelS...en/models.html

https://www.henryusa.com/henry-rifles-and-shotguns/
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    .32 H&R matches 9mm velocity for bullet weight and with 115gr Gold Dots or equivalent would likely be a much better fit for the defensive mission. I came really close to buying a couple SP101s so chambered before prices got silly. So you can probably lay some blame for the poor acceptance of .32 in the modern era at the feet of magnumitis and velocity worship.

I think that’s the same problem. So few are willing to see advantages in something new it gets passed by the wayside to what has been tried and true( those also go away but slower). The two ruger lcr’s I had were great guns especially with .32 H&R. I sold them because I don’t handload right now and availability of .38,357, or 9mm off the shelf plays into the factor of owning a firearm.

User Tag List