Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new 327 mg ammo

I'm wondering if this entire caliber isn't dying off. It seem like only Taurus and Ruger are making guns for it. The only really good loading seems to be the Speer 100gr Gold Dot. But that seems to be unobtanium, as do most of the advertised loadings.

For some reason I developed a slight interest in this caliber. But it looks like it never really took off and is not going to. It's somewhat hilarious that a couple of companies are pushing what is essentially an autoloader rimless version of this caliber (.30 Super Carry.) It will probably have the same success (or lack thereof.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    The .357 HST load also appears to be vapor ware, just like the polymer coated 180 grain hardcast .357 load that was announced.... last year?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
    It seem like only Taurus and Ruger are making guns for it.
    I kinda think the six-inch GP100 with the underlug slimmed would be an awesome gun for walking around in jack rabbit country. Just checked, and that gun is off Ruger's site. Only GP I saw in 327 was the Lipsey's, which hasn't actually been available on years.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I'm not expecting any new guns to released in this caliber. I figure the ones that are currently made will likely go away. Smith made an interesting snubby for it, but it was discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I kinda think the six-inch GP100 with the underlug slimmed would be an awesome gun for walking around in jack rabbit country. Just checked, and that gun is off Ruger's site. Only GP I saw in 327 was the Lipsey's, which hasn't actually been available on years.

Maybe Ruger can generate a little interest with a Marlin lever gun and Blackhawk single action combo?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I feel like Smith & Wesson mis-targeted their 327 offering. They should have made an L-frame in this caliber.

I retain hope they will do so some day..

This round seems to unfortunately be headed towards the "reloader's only" graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    This round seems to unfortunately be headed towards the "reloader's only" graveyard.
    It is the Linux of revolver rounds. It makes a tremendous amount of sense, but can't gain traction due to the inertia of legacy products.

I bought a 640 Pro a few months ago. If Smith had offered a six-shot version in .327 AND there were more varied and available ammo choices I would have been all over it.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

The great ammo mess of 2020-20XX certainly didn't help its chances.

I've got a 327 LCR and it's absolutely fun to shoot.

Site Supporter
    I've the 3 inch hammer, SS, comped 632 and love it. Six shots, fits my little hands. It would be my belt revolver if we went that way. There was a snubby 632 but never saw one. Full power 327 is a blast to shoot.

If I were SW, I'd make more.

new 327 mg ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “You can’t always get what you want, but if you try real hard, you’ll get what you need.”

User Tag List