Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new 327 mg ammo

new 327 mg ammo

I know more people are interested in Federal's new 357 or 30Super offerings, but this is what has got me chuffed:

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2022/01/0...ederal-magnum/

A new load for 327 is great. As one of those nerds that has been running it for about three years in my LCR, any new loading is cause for celebration. I wish my google fu was good enough to find the velocity though.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    [broken_record]Why can't they just put the 115gr Gold Dot back in production? You know, the one 0.001 inch smaller in diameter than what they are saying is the bullet diameter for .30 Super Carry, that they haven't made for at least five years, that has approximately the same sectional density as a 147gr 9mm and would be a perfect defensive round?[/broken_record]
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

The Federal 2022 catalog http://https://www.federalpremium.co...website_sm.pdf

states;

P327HST1S 327 FEDERAL MAGNUM 104GR HST 1525 FPS, from a 4in Barrel

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=I wish my google fu was good enough to find the velocity though.[/QUOTE]

According to Federal, 1400 from a 4"barrel. Just order a few boxes. Thanks for the alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I know more people are interested in Federal's new 357 or 30Super offerings, but this is what has got me chuffed:

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2022/01/0...ederal-magnum/

A new load for 327 is great. As one of those nerds that has been running it for about three years in my LCR, any new loading is cause for celebration. I wish my google fu was good enough to find the velocity though.
    Thank you, Grandpa! I am ordering some.

I have some 32 S&W Long RCBS dies that are going to a trusted reloading friend, and obtained some brass to go with it. The plan is to produce some 100 or 95 grain powder-coated DEWC projectiles, and load them moderately for practice. Maybe around 800 fps or so?

What do you think - any thoughts on desired projectiles or velocities for a training load?

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Thank you, Grandpa! I am ordering some.

I have some 32 S&W Long RCBS dies that are going to a trusted reloading friend, and obtained some brass to go with it. The plan is to produce some 100 or 95 grain powder-coated DEWC projectiles, and load them moderately for practice. Maybe around 800 fps or so?

What do you think - any thoughts on desired projectiles or velocities for a training load?

I think that is a good sweet spot for a training loading. 100gr/800fps is probably just right. Then finish the shooting session with a couple cylinders of your carry load (I like to top it off with 5 yard round up).

I have some brass. I can send you mine since I doubt I will go to the trouble anytime soon of reloading them myself.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I think that is a good sweet spot for a training loading. 100gr/800fps is probably just right. Then finish the shooting session with a couple cylinders of your carry load (I like to top it off with 5 yard round up).

I have some brass. I can send you mine since I doubt I will go to the trouble anytime soon of reloading them myself.
    I will be chatting with my buddy today during lunch, I'll ask him.

The cunning plan is to start the reloading only when we can score small pistol primers for less than 65 bucks a thousand. Until then, we're going to be processing brass, casting projectiles, etc.

And if you get a Henry Lever gun, you could try this!

https://www.federalpremium.com/rifle...1-LG327F1.html

A bit spicy for our LCR's, however.

Interested to hear about the recoil once someone has a chance to shoot some of these. The 6th round is a nice feature, but I bought my .327 LCR to run .32 H&R mags (though I haven’t found any for sale). I’ve been loading it with the 100gr Buffalo Bore rounds that Wayne Dobbs likes so much.

Bump for updates. Not seeing this ammo on Federal's website. Neither .327 magnum or .38 SPL are listed under HST. Given up?

Quote Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
    Bump for updates. Not seeing this ammo on Federal's website. Neither .327 magnum or .38 SPL are listed under HST. Given up?
    The .357 HST load also appears to be vapor ware, just like the polymer coated 180 grain hardcast .357 load that was announced.... last year?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List