Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP HCSO Deputy Crowder

RIP HCSO Deputy Crowder

I don't know that this qualifies for the LODD thread.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/de...e-tells-police

Amanda was a member of a closed Texas peace officer FB group of which I am also a member. Other members, who knew her personally, feel that boyfriend's account is.....inconsistent with her personality. Praying that HPD does a thorough investigation.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Condolences, brother. I hope the truth comes to light.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

My condolences. I, too, am hoping for an extremely thorough investigation.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

We had a similar thing happen a few years ago. One of our agents who came over from another agency was having an argument with his wife about something stupid....what was for dinner, I believe....and he shot himself in the head, in front of his wife and baby boy. Nobody really knows what prompted him to do that, rumors abound that he was trying to "get her attention" to prove how serious he was, and accidently pressed the trigger since we had just switched from the double action SIG P229. It's certainly not an action that I would have attributed to his personality, though we do know he had some stuff going on at home. I mean, we all have "stuff" going on at home, too...so...

In the end, it amounted to a tragedy. Sometimes it's best to just accept that, and make come to terms with the fact that shit just doesn't make sense sometimes and even rational people we respect can "lose it".

@runcible
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    In the end, it amounted to a tragedy. Sometimes it's best to just accept that, and make come to terms with the fact that shit just doesn't make sense sometimes and even rational people we respect can "lose it".
    For sure, you just never know what's going on in someone else's mind. Most LEOs probably knew several fellow officers who ended up killing themselves/going to prison for something terrible/getting fired for something stupid/etc. under circumstances that make you wonder what they were thinking.

Unfortunately, domestic violence, especially male-on-female, is very common, and I tend toward skepticism in the face of claims like the one this guy is making. Of course, he may be telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    We had a similar thing happen a few years ago. One of our agents who came over from another agency was having an argument with his wife about something stupid....what was for dinner, I believe....and he shot himself in the head, in front of his wife and baby boy. Nobody really knows what prompted him to do that, rumors abound that he was trying to "get her attention" to prove how serious he was, and accidently pressed the trigger since we had just switched from the double action SIG P229. It's certainly not an action that I would have attributed to his personality, though we do know he had some stuff going on at home. I mean, we all have "stuff" going on at home, too...so...

@runcible
    Had something similar happen to a buddy I served with.. so unfortunate. Just snapped during an argument, pulled out his pistol and said something along the lines of "do you care now?" and shot himself. Never in a million years would I think he would do that

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I don't know that this qualifies for the LODD thread.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/de...e-tells-police

Amanda was a member of a closed Texas peace officer FB group of which I am also a member. Other members, who knew her personally, feel that boyfriend's account is.....inconsistent with her personality. Praying that HPD does a thorough investigation.
    I'm sorry to hear about this. If there is a fundraiser set up for her burial or anything, PM me a link and I'll put it in the fundraiser sticky thread.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Damn. Sorry Chuck.

On one hand, suicide is our dirty little secret.

On the other, having trouble with this passing the smell test.

Either way, it’s fucked it and a tragedy.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    On one hand, suicide is our dirty little secret.
    Back in or around 2010 I attended a Weed & Seed conference in Tampa. One of the tracks was on suicide prevention/intervention/awareness. The presenter was the widow of an FBI agent who did a lot of UC work...think deep cover, Miami Vice kinda shit....who had opted out.

One of the points brought up were that cops, in general, are used to responding to a situation, make a decision, then act on the decision. Not a lot of waffling, etc. So, when we make that snap decision, we carry it out efficiently.....not many swallow pills or stick their heads in ovens, etc.

Another was that ours is one of two professions (other being .mil) were killing is an option on the table.

Was very sobering.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Sorry to hear that Chuck.

pat

User Tag List