Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP HCSO Deputy Crowder

Site Supporter
    Sorry for your loss, Chuck. I am hopeful hat HPD thoroughly investigates this incident.

I did know two officers who committed suicide in a similar fashion if this is, in fact, self-inflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    We had a similar thing happen a few years ago. One of our agents who came over from another agency was having an argument with his wife about something stupid....what was for dinner, I believe....and he shot himself in the head, in front of his wife and baby boy. Nobody really knows what prompted him to do that, rumors abound that he was trying to "get her attention" to prove how serious he was, and accidently pressed the trigger since we had just switched from the double action SIG P229. It's certainly not an action that I would have attributed to his personality, though we do know he had some stuff going on at home. I mean, we all have "stuff" going on at home, too...so...

In the end, it amounted to a tragedy. Sometimes it's best to just accept that, and make come to terms with the fact that shit just doesn't make sense sometimes and even rational people we respect can "lose it".

@runcible
    Yeah, 2018 wasn't a great year for my old workplace and my old office in particular. We had that murder-suicide at our sister office across the river in October, Michelle stroked out in November, and then TK in Dec. I remember shredding the last of his files that weren't designated for long-term retention, right before Christmas. A year after TK, someone very close to me made a very similar decision, outside of the workplace.

I hate cleaning up what they leave behind.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    For sure, you just never know what's going on in someone else's mind. Most LEOs probably knew several fellow officers who ended up killing themselves/going to prison for something terrible/getting fired for something stupid/etc. under circumstances that make you wonder what they were thinking.

Unfortunately, domestic violence, especially male-on-female, is very common, and I tend toward skepticism in the face of claims like the one this guy is making. Of course, he may be telling the truth.
    I’ve seen it go both ways.

We had a female officer who was also in the army reserve and dating a fellow soldier several years her Junior who was a student living in the dorms of a local college. They got into an argument she pulled out her gun and fired several shots at her boyfriend. Somehow she didn’t hit him so they hid her gun and tried to claim they were the victims of some sort of drive-by shooting. The story didn’t hold up very long.

I have another officer who claimed he was unloading his bedside 1911 to clean it and had a negligent discharge that went through the open bathroom door and struck his wife in both hands. Needless to say the ballistics and GSR residue did not match that story but neither one of them would break.

Site Supporter
    Covid has been just as stressful if not more so on police officers. If this lady had children, then she had this responsibility. Someone please get a fund going so we can contribute. Most of us have lost friends or family to suicide. I have. Too, I have known teens who took their own lives.

Site Supporter
    About 25 years ago in our county we had a female deputy commit suicide in the midst of an argument with her boyfriend, who was a much older retired deputy. People do the inexplicable some times.

User Tag List