Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Candela SureFire Lights Release

High Candela SureFire Lights Release

https://www.recoilweb.com/shot-2022-...es-172565.html

Better late than never, I guess. #allthecandela #science

That being said, I think I'll stick to the Modlite PLHv2 still, I think it's a better balance of throw and spill, and for my uses, I would think that I would just be using NODs for anything outside for the most part anyway.

Site Supporter
    Meanwhile Modlite is releasing “Legacy” heads to upgrade all the SF and Arisaka 600 series lights out there …

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY5RfOqr..._web_copy_link

modlitesystems Introducing one of our new product lines: Legacy Enhanced.
    Legacy Enhanced is a family of light heads designed to support older generations of bodies that have existed for years, with upgraded performance that people have come to know from Modlite Systems. These will be capable of running on 2X CR123s in Surefire and Arisaka 600 series bodies. These will be available at the same price point as our standard heads ($209), with a runtime around 40 minutes. Our projected timeline for release is end of Q2 2022.
    Models of these two heads are as follows:
    LED-T (Legacy Enhanced Driver - Throw)
    For use in situations where more throw and less spill is needed.
    LED-F (Legacy Enhanced Driver - Flood)
    For use in situations where more spill in conjunction with a powerful hotspot is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Better late than never, I guess.
    Yes, agreed. It will be interesting to see where the price point falls as the current options in this output range are pricey.

The Malkoff E2XT series has been available for years and will fit on any E-series bodies, including Arisaka. The E2XTD has a rating of 650 lumens / 70,000 candela so the new SF lights fit right in the same range (Modlite OKW is 680 lumens / 69,000 candela).

My E2XTD in a couple of Lego configurations;

It'd be nice if they made some options somewhere in between the 20,000 candela and 70,000 candela also.

A G2X tactical with 40-50 ish candela would be kewl.

@NH Shooter, you may disregard my PM, this post answers several questions I had. Which tailcap is on the Surefire? What functionality does it provide?
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    I'd just like an EDCL-2T sized light with the gas pedal UI that runs well on rechargeable batteries without losing low function, affecting the high output or overheating.

Interesting. I’ve been extremely underwhelmed with my PHLV2 light. Throws pretty good, but spill and light color I’m just not a fan of. At this point my EDCL2T never gets carried and I primarily carry a 1k lumen stiletto. I may get the new EDCL2T and dump the Modlight if it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Interesting. I’ve been extremely underwhelmed with my PHLV2 light. Throws pretty good, but spill and light color I’m just not a fan of. At this point my EDCL2T never gets carried and I primarily carry a 1k lumen stiletto. I may get the new EDCL2T and dump the Modlight if it makes sense.
    I could not stand the color temp. of the Modlite I played with. Cloud Defense is way better on color temp.

I think some don't notice temp. or all they care about is lumens/throw NOT what they can actually see (warmer lights give much better definition outdoors for me)

For me the cooler lights get (notably) more reflection off of fog and smoke (like on a range) than warmer/neutral temps.

Curious what the new SF lights will be like.

I'm curious to see these Surefire offerings, but I had problems with a 640DF Scout Pro...still waiting to see how Surefire warranty service responds. I do like the integrated low-profile mount in the new Scout lights. Modlite is increasingly interesting to me though...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I could not stand the color temp. of the Modlite I played with. Cloud Defense is way better on color temp.

I think some don't notice temp. or all they care about is lumens/throw NOT what they can actually see (warmer lights give much better definition outdoors for me)

For me the cooler lights get (notably) more reflection off of fog and smoke (like on a range) than warmer/neutral temps.

Curious what the new SF lights will be like.
    I am cautiously excited to see CD's new dual-lead tape switches, to make them a viable alternative to Modlites if you wanted to run a laser, too.

Color temperature seems to be something that most people have forgotten about in the tactical world; I know old timers talk about running both an LED light and an incan, the latter for use cutting smoke and the like. Still, Modlite does offer a warmer head: https://modlite.com/products/modlite-plh5k-light-head

User Tag List