Thread: The Return of the Bubblecar

The Return of the Bubblecar

The Microlino Wants to Make Bubble Cars Fun Again
    After facing some development headwinds, the Isetta-styled Microlino 2.0 is headed into production, combining retro bubble car packaging with an electric drivetrain. The Munich IAA Mobility show served as the launch point for the pocket-sized EV.

Featuring a 25-hp motor, the two-seater is slated to be offered in three battery flavors/trims: Urban with a 6-kWh battery, Dolce with a 10.5-kWh battery, and Competizione with 14-kWh of juice on tap. These three versions will serve up projected ranges of 60, 109, and 143 miles, respectively, allowing the bubble car to exceed the ranges of some much larger electric models currently on sale. The Microlino 2.0, of course, won't be venturing out on the autobahn with its top speed of 56 mph.
    Name:  orange-1631207670.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  27.4 KB

I kind of like it- and if I was a downtown dweller, could see having something like this.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Our neighbor down the street in Germany had an Isetta growing up. Talk about small. I was probably 8 and remember dimly being squashed in pretty well.

I'd much prefer a shifter kart and a change of clothes. If you're that small and not a fan of violence, which the kart provides, that is not a solution to anything.

I can imagine three of those in a front end loader per garbage toss.

I may be biased.

User Tag List