Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt SCR15??

Hammertime

Colt SCR15??

I received from my Dad's collection a Colt CSR15. It is unfired, but no box or anything.

I have enough AR pattern rifles and this one has no particular emotional significance, so I am inclined to sell it, I just didn't want to if it is something "special." It is a Colt which I understand has some significance in the AR world as the standard.

But reading up on the CSR15, it has a wonky upper receiver with no forward assist. The Lower is not traditional in that is has some sort of different trigger guard. The upper has a thick heavy 1/8 barrel, Kinda heavy not comfy (IMO) handguard, and Troy Metal flip up sights.

I am not sure if it would be best to part it out and just sell the upper and keep the Colt Lower to replace one of my lower quality lowers. Surely a Colt BCG is nice to have around as well.

Anyway I am wondering what is best to do and soliciting opinions: Keep, Sell, Part out, Modify?

https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...ol-colt-rifle/

https://www.gunblast.com/Colt-CSR1516.htm

I think this was just a licensed Colt and had little to do with a real Colt.

I’d sell it.

There’s enough Colt fanboys out there. Put it on GB and sell it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Something about that lower rifle reminds of the SP line, remember shooting one with no forward assist decades ago (late 1980's). just saying, not comparing.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    For what it's worth, supposedly the used gun market is pretty soft right now per my FFL. May be worth holding onto and selling later if you're looking to maximize your return. If not then just sell.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I received from my Dad's collection a Colt CSR15. It is unfired, but no box or anything.

I have enough AR pattern rifles and this one has no particular emotional significance, so I am inclined to sell it, I just didn't want to if it is something "special." It is a Colt which I understand has some significance in the AR world as the standard.

But reading up on the CSR15, it has a wonky upper receiver with no forward assist. The Lower is not traditional in that is has some sort of different trigger guard. The upper has a thick heavy 1/8 barrel, Kinda heavy not comfy (IMO) handguard, and Troy Metal flip up sights.

I am not sure if it would be best to part it out and just sell the upper and keep the Colt Lower to replace one of my lower quality lowers. Surely a Colt BCG is nice to have around as well.

Anyway I am wondering what is best to do and soliciting opinions: Keep, Sell, Part out, Modify?

https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...ol-colt-rifle/

https://www.gunblast.com/Colt-CSR1516.htm
    Keep it if you have a use for it, if not sell it.

These were made for Colt by Anderson (aka the Poverty Pony people).

A co-worker has one for shooting feral hogs. It works ok.

This is one of two lines of “Colt” AR’s not actually made by Colt. The other being the Colt “competition” rifles.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Keep it if you have a use for it, if not sell it.

These were made for Colt by Anderson (aka the Poverty Pony people).

A co-worker has one for shooting feral hogs. It works ok.

This is one of two lines of “Colt” AR’s not actually made by Colt. The other being the Colt “competition” rifles.

Excellent. Just what I needed to know.

Thanks all.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Excellent. Just what I needed to know.

Thanks all.
    If I recall correctly the cult CSR made by Anderson came out during the post Sandy Hook gun rush Colt only offered them for a year or two and discontinued them when demand dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What about the LE6900? I’ve seen references saying they were Colt made and others saying they were outsourced.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    What about the LE6900? I’ve seen references saying they were Colt made and others saying they were outsourced.
    The lower with integral trigger guard is definitely outsourced. It looks just like the other Anderson Colt Lowers.

As for the rest ? Who knows.. most important thing from a functional POV is does it have a Colt barrel and BCG ?

User Tag List