Thread: USP Gritty Trigger, Trigger Bar Drag?

USP Gritty Trigger, Trigger Bar Drag?

I have a police trade in USP that has an unusually gritty trigger pull (even for an HK). I detail stripped and cleaned it, and put in a match trigger. This made the pull a lot better, but it still seems rough.

It looks like the trigger bar is rubbing on the inside of the slide, and exhibits a lot more wear than the other components. Could it be warped or out of spec? Is the solution just to drop in a new one and see what happens?

Edit: if this should be in Ask the Armorer, please move it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by GlockenSpiel; 01-17-2022 at 11:32 PM.

all my HKs have the same wear pattern on the trigger bar. I always thought it was normal and keep the bar oiled to reduce drag.

I took my USP down and the trigger bar has the same wear patterns. And if you look at the ejection port of the pistol when in battery, you will see the bottom edge, front to back, of the barrel's chamber area has a wear pattern too. That's normal too.
    Last edited by JAH 3rd; 01-18-2022 at 09:46 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Lots of places grittiness can show up in a USP action. Biggest/easiest difference you can make is be sure everything is nice and lubed with oil.

After that, there are how-tos on HKPro for slicking them up, if that's something you're interested in doing. If not, Robert Burke is probably your man.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Thanks, I will keep lubing and shooting. I've got another case of .40 and an aiwb holster on the way.

User Tag List