Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RFI: Suitcases

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Another satisfied Briggs & Riley customer. I've gotten really good at living out of a carry-on. I like that the wheels are NOT omni-directional since it keeps my bag from rolling down a hill when I'm not hanging on to it.

Mine has a teal blue wrap on the handle, which is a cheap, easy way to improve visibility.

Okie John
    My current bag has the 4 Omni-directional wheels. Truth be told, I’m fine with a simple two wheeled bag.

Great suggestions. Looking at several that have been mentioned.

Another question if I may, soft or hard shell? Pros / cons?

Site Supporter
    1. If you are not going to check the bag, the intersection of quality, durability and value is Travel Pro in soft and Away in hard. 250 max for a 20ish x 14ish x 11ish roller/spinner

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...ry-on-luggage/

2. If you are checking a bag then I would strongly consider Pelikan because they are very difficult to break during baggage handling or Briggs and Riley because they are guaranteed even if the damage is caused by the airlines.

A side note re the BR no hassle, no questioned asked warranty. I recently stumbled into an international sized carry roller bag by BR at the thrift store for 10.00. Upon further inspection when cleaning the bag up, i noticed a broken piece. I dropped it off at an independent luggage store who were also a BR warranty repair station. Free fix on said bag in 4 days

In the end, let us know what you decide and why.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post

2. If you are checking a bag then I would strongly consider Pelikan because they are very difficult to break during baggage handling or Briggs and Riley because they are guaranteed even if the damage is caused by the airlines.

A side note re the BR no hassle, no questioned asked warranty. I recently stumbled into an international sized carry roller bag by BR at the thrift store for 10.00. Upon further inspection when cleaning the bag up, i noticed a broken piece. I dropped it off at an independent luggage store who were also a BR warranty repair station. Free fix on said bag in 4 days
    A bag with a Dillon like warranty has great appeal to me.

Site Supporter
    I had the same experience re: warranty with my Away. Massive dent in the corner from the airline on a checked bag (gets heavy when packing a pistol/ammo) - the bag still worked and I actually used it with the dent for a year. They just took my bag into the back and walked out with a new one. I was out of the store in less than 5 min.

User Tag List