Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FN re-enters the P-35 game

If it locks up on a cutout on the barrel and not grooves on the top of the barrel is it really a P35?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Very interesting. The cynical side of me thinks this might be a half cooked scheme to cash in on the the BHP craze that became apparent when SA introduced their clone but maybe this is something they have been cooking up for a while? It does appear to have inherited some features of the FNX and later FN pistols. I wonder what the holster compatibility will be?

Looks like a P35 cousin that fell off the ugly tree...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Watters View Post
    FN America’s webpage hasn’t gone live yet, but here is the link:

https://fnamerica.com/highpower

Note that the barrel now locks up on the slide’s ejection port. There is a separate takedown lever. The extractor appears to be internal, and the magazine disconnect safety pin is missing from the trigger. The slide and barrel almost appear to be shorter, but this might be a visual effect from the grip being lengthened for a 17-round magazine.
    Is the longer grip confirmed ? So it can’t use legacy P35 mags ?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Very interesting. The cynical side of me thinks this might be a half cooked scheme to cash in on the the BHP craze that became apparent when SA introduced their clone but maybe this is something they have been cooking up for a while? It does appear to have inherited some features of the FNX and later FN pistols. I wonder what the holster compatibility will be?
    There is no way that they saw the intoxication of the SA and brought this to market that fast. This has been in the works for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 42Willys View Post
    If it locks up on a cutout on the barrel and not grooves on the top of the barrel is it really a P35?
    No. Not really.

Still, I love the legacy HP. I guess I'll have to check these out when they become readily available.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Wonder if Ruger is going to reintroduce their P-series pistols from decades past. Probably not.
    I briefly had a P-90 in .45 while dealing with a family member's estate. I actually regret letting that POS go. The decocker worked about 50% of the time, but it was fun to shoot. The slide cycled so slowly that you could HEAR the slide move back and forth and made an awesome "chunk" at the ends of travel. It was very soft to shoot too.

Were not most HP's built in Belgium by FN? I confess, I know nothing about BHP's so somebody clue me in here. Are they claiming the original and we will build it again just to cripple any start up clones?

Regardless, I'm not in the market.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-17-2022 at 09:00 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Craze doesn't equal purchases. Seen it more than a few times in the firearm industry. Massive interest until the product actually comes out then suddenly crickets. It's one thing to want something, it's another to fork over the cash. Besides, you can't just throw that together in a month

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Wonder if Ruger is going to reintroduce their P-series pistols from decades past. Probably not.
    I've remained with my late-production P89 by choice; I consider it superior to any of Ruger's subsequent duty-size offerings. And superior to most competitors, both contemporaneous and current. They could do a lot worse then re-introducing the P89/P90 in my opinion. Best, Jon

User Tag List