Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: FN re-enters the P-35 game

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I think I see the confusion.

FN isn't back in the Hi Power game. They're in the High Power game. Totally different name and gun.

I read the article linked up thread, and I think you are right. This new pistol may be fantastic, but I think there are probably as many changes as things that stayed the same.

Count me among those who would like to see this new pistol in .30 SC.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I may not 100% agree with you, but I laughed for at least a minute at this comment.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Word. Me too.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I just noticed the slide is open at the front where the recoil spring sits.
    Wow, yeah. That's weird the guide rod doesn't fill that hole like it does on every other pistol I can remember ever seeing except ones with plugs (e.g., 1911). What happens if a holster French fry or other debris gets in there? Can it tie up the gun? Is MAC available to do a mud test?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I'm fine with this, if it works.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Wow, yeah. That's weird the guide rod doesn't fill that hole like it does on every other pistol I can remember ever seeing except ones with plugs (e.g., 1911). What happens if a holster French fry or other debris gets in there? Can it tie up the gun? Is MAC available to do a mud test?
    https://fnamerica.com/press-releases...ull-fde-model/

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Dude, I may or may not have found crunched up tortilla chips in the holster and maybe even around the hammer of my USPc duty gun when I took it out for its pre-qualification cleaning. The struggle is real!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    https://fnamerica.com/press-releases...ull-fde-model/

Huh. Shows how much attention I've paid to any of FN's plastic people poppers before now. Nearly zero.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Huh. Shows how much attention I've paid to any of FN's plastic people poppers before now. Nearly zero.
    I don't think you missed much regarding FN, but that specific design feature is shared with the Glock 34/35. I don't have a G34, but I think the recoil interface with the slide is the same as the G17. For the G34, I don't think it creates any sort of ingress point relative to the G17. I have no idea about this new FN.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    The more I look at this, the more it looks like a SAO Ruger P89 wearing Hi-point flair, less like a Sig. The dimensions just seem off.

Edit to add: what do you wanna bet the magazines are based off the 509 series? They dont look like Hi-power mags.
    They don't appear to have the nubbin on the front of the magazine that the 509 has, which is that magazine's weak point.

And thank heavens for that.
    3/15/2016

The first 9mm I ever shot was a 1950’s era HP w internal extractor. I will always love them. But any new full size pistol that doesn’t come optic ready from the factory is dead to me. No excuse for it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List