Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: FN re-enters the P-35 game

Site Supporter
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...fn-high-power/

"Two 17-round magazines are included with each pistol. The suggested retail price on the new FN High Power starts at $1,269 for the all-black and FDE-finished models, while the stainless-steel model retails for $1,369."

Maybe I'm just cheap, but this price strikes me as completely ridiculous. Over $1,000 and they don't even include a third magazine!

I think it looks cool... but I've also begun to reconcile myself to the idea that my Hipower ownership will probably begin and end with my vintage, refinished early 60s example.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    The suggested retail price on the new FN High Power starts at $1,269 for the all-black and FDE-finished models, while the stainless-steel model retails for $1,369."

Yeah - that’s going to be hard to justify to most people for a range toy - especially when you can go and buy a real nice SA HP clone for half that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I think it looks cool... but I've also begun to reconcile myself to the idea that my Hipower ownership will probably begin and end with my vintage, refinished early 60s example.
    Who did rhe refinish?

I have a kind of ugly 60s era HP that could use some love. I've often thought about having a "restomod" done. Add a K-frame rear sight, cut the ring hammer into a spur, add a gold bead front. Stuff that could have been done sometime in the 1970's or 1980s.

Plan B is just to find some fairly authentic grips and just have the gun re-blued and leave it stock.

I'd probably shoot and enjoy it just as much in either case.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I checked out the FN HP today at SHOT. The trigger is really nice. Crisp break around 4.5-5lbs or so and no creep or excess take up or over travel. The controls are good for ambi and the safety has a nice feel to it while being positive going on safe and similar if a touch heavier going off safe. The grip treatment on front and backstrap areas is nicely aggressive without being too aggressive. I like the SA version better for all things except the smooth front and backstrap. The FN HP SIde panels are not nearly as nice as the SA versions.
    How's the overall size of the gun? From the one FN video with the guy shooting on the indoor range I think it looks kind of big and blocky. Is that your take or is the gun true to the original in general size?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Are they similar to the way the Beretta APX mags work for the ambi release? I have to admit I haven't paid much attention to FNs handgun offerings.
    Similar in that they both use a nubbin on the front of the magazine to lock into the magazine release.

Dissimilar in that the APX's locking lug is much, much larger and more robust and less prone to wearing down to the point where the magazine will no longer stay in the gun.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Who did rhe refinish?

I have a kind of ugly 60s era HP that could use some love. I've often thought about having a "restomod" done. Add a K-frame rear sight, cut the ring hammer into a spur, add a gold bead front. Stuff that could have been done sometime in the 1970's or 1980s.

Plan B is just to find some fairly authentic grips and just have the gun re-blued and leave it stock.

I'd probably shoot and enjoy it just as much in either case.

I have a beat up looking one. I leave all my guns stock. To me it's just a waste of money. Besides imperfections build character! [emoji16]

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    "...when you hold the gun, it's going to feel a lot different."

Who else is interested in the Hi Power almost entirely because of how the gun feels in your hands?

Has anybody seen a mention of what the black finish is? All I've seen is "black."
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    "...when you hold the gun, it's going to feel a lot different."

Who else is interested in the Hi Power almost entirely because of how the gun feels in your hands?
    I noticed that, too. My take was that he's mainly referring to softening sharp edges and eliminating hammer bite... as opposed to a wholly new feel. But, who knows.

And I've heard/read "PVD" about the finish... I think.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 01-19-2022 at 10:35 AM.

User Tag List