Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: FN re-enters the P-35 game

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I may have mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I strongly suspect that the new High Power with a metal frame will morph into a polymer-frame gun, which should be much more market- and price competitive.

I see the magazine well, frontstrap and magazines/magazine baseplates as being significant improvements as they are. but the weight and cost as they are render it pretty non-competitive in my opinion. BH Spring Solutions has an interesting through test and analysis discussion on their website worth a gander: https://bhspringsolutions.com/index....94744873046875

Best, Jon
    I stopped reading at this point:

“The springs in a Hi Power are in a continuously compressed state when installed. That means each spring is “pushing”, or expending energy, on the surfaces at each end of the spring. That means, the springs in your Hi Power are losing strength from the moment of installation. Spring strength is further reduced when put under stress, such as when a recoil spring compresses and becomes hot during shooting.”

Words fail me.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

I don't suppose any of the industry insiders here have a line on if FN is going to release a future version (or versions) of this thing with a light rail, optics cut/plate, or both?

I'm kind of intrigued by this thing, but as everyone noted...it's the 21st century; everything has AI and holographic sights and grenade launchers. This thing should be able to mount at least one of those three things...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    in fact only a tiny minority of the handguns sold in this country wind up in a Safariland SLS wearing an RMR and a U-boat.
    And a lot of those officers who carry them, carry them because they were handed to them. A recent encounter with a new retiree left me speechless. He had purchased his duty gun on retirement, and he could not tell me the make or caliber of said firearm. But I digress...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Some, for instance, might be intended for competition, like IDPA's Enhanced Service Pistol division, say, or maybe just for fun.
    Fun?! There's no fun in shooting...we're training for war. Heretic!

I think Beretta's 80X shows what is possible with an old design and new features (if Gallatin can make them without fucking them up).
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List