Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: FN re-enters the P-35 game

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    ...just for a range toy, which is all a C96 would really be on the modern market.
    I am curmudgeon enough to think that there is no weapon of the past so flawed or cumbersome that it wouldn't have a group of advocates insisting that it still has practical application. Somewhere, a Broomhandle aficionado will see this, pump their fist and exclaim, "Yes-s-s-s-s!!!"

(Says a guy who were it not for pesky fees and meddling restrictions, would have a BAR in his safe.)
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post

(Says a guy who were it not for pesky fees and meddling restrictions, would have a BAR in his safe.)
    So say we all. ( Original 1918 or FN Model D for me)

So say we all. ( Original 1918 or FN Model D for me)
    Sayla.Whatever model my father carried in the Marine Corps
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Or someone to make a decent .22 replica, just for a range toy, which is all a C96 would really be on the modern market.
    There was a weird little .22 "broom handle" built on the AR7 action. Just doesn't have the panache, though.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    I am curmudgeon enough to think that there is no weapon of the past so flawed or cumbersome that it wouldn't have a group of advocates insisting that it still has practical application. Somewhere, a Broomhandle aficionado will see this, pump their fist and exclaim, "Yes-s-s-s-s!!!"

[Pump] Yes!

Ways in which a C96 would still be "relevant": It's already kind of PCCish; you could attach a stock; you could chamber it in 7.63 Mauser and (probably) the Tokarev round... maybe even 10MM?!

A modernized C96 in 10mm? That would be dope. Also, I wonder if you'd be able to cram revolver calibers in that thing? That would be... fascinating.

Damn. I was just kinda being silly, but this actually sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    [Pump] Yes!

Ways in which a C96 would still be "relevant": It's already kind of PCCish; you could attach a stock; you could chamber it in 7.63 Mauser and (probably) the Tokarev round... maybe even 10MM?!

A modernized C96 in 10mm? That would be dope. Also, I wonder if you'd be able to cram revolver calibers in that thing? That would be... fascinating.

Damn. I was just kinda being silly, but this actually sounds cool.
    Except my understanding is that the disassembly/reassembly, particularly a detailed one, is kinda up there with a Pre-Mark IV Ruger .22 auto....I seem to recall thaqt there is one specific component that you can easily install incorectly that mandated an immediate trip to a gunsmith to correct...

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Except my understanding is that the disassembly/reassembly, particularly a detailed one, is kinda up there with a Pre-Mark IV Ruger .22 auto....I seem to recall thaqt there is one specific component that you can easily install incorectly that mandated an immediate trip to a gunsmith to correct...

Best, Jon
    Is it one that causes the gun to fire when taken off safe? Because that happened to me when I shot one. Instant Rules 2 and 4 reinforcement.

C96s...

The .30 Mauser variants also tend to eventually crack the frame in a way that makes welding it up difficult and expensive. Now, if you unintentionally chamber .30 Tokarev, that cracking can occur quite a bit more rapidly.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    I mean…

Those guns were made 120 years ago. In this theoretical, metaphysical, gun-hipster-led universe where this could actually happen… H&K would fix all that. With a reinforced frame design, improved lock work, and detachable box magazine instead of a stripper clip.

And... they could take a page from FN's playbook and make a super-subtle change to the original name of the gun that they basically redesigned:

The C96 BOOMhandle.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 01-24-2022 at 03:34 PM.

John from ASP talks about a couple new handguns.

FNHP starts at about five minutes:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List