Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 223

Thread: FN re-enters the P-35 game

  1. #191

    But...

    Duplicate, please delete. Sorry.

  2. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    But if it doesn't have the look, feel, etc. of the old hi-power, why not just grab a 92x Performance Defense with some Langdon love (aside from the dumb beavertail and vertex grip which I hate)? Basically, I'm saying, I'd rather have a SA only LTT with their RDO cut if I was wanting a SA 9 mm at this point. Honestly, I think I'd prefer that over a Staccato for the benefit of cheaper magazines that I have a ton of...

    I'm going to stop thinking about this FN abomination now and go dry-fire my LTT. Thank you Langdon... lol

    You are probably very correct. I am always trying to rationalize/justify the cost/benefit of a new piece while I carry a G19 and the rest of the 1911, 92, Hipower, and various Glock type pistols sit in the safe. Its all about the excitement the acquisition of a new pattern pistol and optimizing it, then defaulting back to the Glock.

  3. #193
    Old man yelling at cloud OlongJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    "carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    De-Glocking the safe was kinda the beginning of my downsizing. Then all the other etceteras. Mostly what's left is B92, USP, or classic Sig. And Browning .22 pistols. I haven't thought seriously about buying any semi-auto pistol that isn't one of those in a couple years now. And I'm down to three revolvers, probably going to make it two.

    I apparently have a time-wasting compulsion to be on top of things and know what's going on with new developments, but at least it has stopped going all the way to spending money.

    Like others, if it's not going to be basically a modernized Hi Power, I find this gun ultimately pointless so far. For what it will cost, it needs to be able to compete with a nicely tuned B92, Sig (or new P210), entry-level 1911, CZ, etc. I don't anticipate that it will do that successfully.
    .
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

  4. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxy View Post
    What is the source of information that indicates Beretta 92 magazines are compatible with the new FN High-power? That would be a plus indeed.
    "smglee @fn_america brought back the #hipower with some major modifications such as beavertail and main spring housing with ability for after market parts, upgraded locking lug on the barrel, a new takedown lever, Beretta compatible magazines, and a revised grip. Many possibilities for aftermarket and factory accessories to come. Maybe even a railed version #gunporn #2a #reimagined #igdaily #pistol #classic"

  5. #195
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    As long as these have a firing pin safety, or something that makes them drop safe, I would be happy with lighter weight version and better safety, but I could probably live with the safety was is.

  6. #196
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    WV USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Beretta compatible magazines, and a revised grip. Many possibilities for aftermarket and factory accessories to come. Maybe even a railed version
    Ok, now I’m more interested. Hopefully FN will bring one to the Outdoor Show next month in Harrisburg PA for me to fondle. The P-35 was the first successful double stack magazine pistol, shifting to Beretta magazines is interesting.

  7. #197
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cincitucky
    Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    But if it doesn't have the look, feel, etc. of the old hi-power, why not just grab a 92x Performance Defense with some Langdon love (aside from the dumb beavertail and vertex grip which I hate)? Basically, I'm saying, I'd rather have a SA only LTT with their RDO cut if I was wanting a SA 9 mm at this point. Honestly, I think I'd prefer that over a Staccato for the benefit of cheaper magazines that I have a ton of...

    I'm going to stop thinking about this FN abomination now and go dry-fire my LTT. Thank you Langdon... lol
    It's a bit thinner? And I’d venture to say there’s still probably gonna be a notable difference in the “feel” compared to a 92–which isn’t to say a 92 doesn’t feel great, in its own right.

    Obviously, we’re talking first-world handgun problems here: 92, P35, P226, Mauser C96… they all shoot people. But, if details matter, maybe this thing might fit some people better.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 01-23-2022 at 02:48 PM.

  8. #198
    Member gato naranja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Flyover country... and never too far from a snack.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    ...Mauser C96… they all shoot people. But, if details matter, maybe this thing might fit some people better.
    If there was ever a time for HK to reintroduce THAT one, it would be now.
    gn

    (un VIEJO gato naranja... and still skeptical about humans)

  9. #199
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cincitucky
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    If there was ever a time for HK to reintroduce THAT one, it would be now.
    I heard it was actually pretty popular with Corellian smugglers.

    But yeah. I'd love having one of those.

  10. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    If there was ever a time for HK to reintroduce THAT one, it would be now.
    Or someone to make a decent .22 replica, just for a range toy, which is all a C96 would really be on the modern market.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •