Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FN re-enters the P-35 game

The more I look at a hi-res copy of the picture, it appears to me that the magazine release may be reversible.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    There is no way that they saw the intoxication of the SA and brought this to market that fast. This has been in the works for a bit.
    FN Herstal applied for a new US Trademark on the phrase "FN High Power" back on March 26, 2021.

Serial Number #90,606,555

They also reapplied for a trademark on "Hi-Power" on November 30, 2020.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    There is no way that they saw the intoxication of the SA and brought this to market that fast. This has been in the works for a bit.
    That would explain a few things.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

The pistol looks interesting, but it's not a P35.

Looks like a slimmed down SAO Sig wearing a Hi-Power skin suit. I wonder if it if intended to be a competitor to the alloy framed striker guns from Sig and Walther?

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I've remained with my late-production P89 by choice; I consider it superior to any of Ruger's subsequent duty-size offerings. And superior to most competitors, both contemporaneous and current. They could do a lot worse then re-introducing the P89/P90 in my opinion. Best, Jon
    I'm right there with you. I feel like they were headed in a good direction with the P345 (especially with the thinner egos) and then just gave up.

Site Supporter
    If it’s a reliable gun with a more positive safety than the original BHP, I’ll be excited about it. As someone getting more and more interested in SAO guns, more variety on the market is better.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Looks like a slimmed down SAO Sig wearing a Hi-Power skin suit.
    This sums it up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Wonder if Ruger is going to reintroduce their P-series pistols from decades past. Probably not.
    I wouldn't mind another P95 decocker. I missed buying one with a rail all those years ago. I even have several holsters and plenty of mags...

This thing says, "Let's take a BHP and beat it with an ugly stick and then sit on fire."

This maybe an FN "Hi-Power", but it ain't no P35.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Looks like a slimmed down SAO Sig wearing a Hi-Power skin suit.
    …which sounds pretty awesome if you ask me.

This is honestly the kind of thing I keep hoping I’ll see: re-engineered and modernized versions of a classic guns. (Smith!? C’mon—4th gens!! WTF!?) No, I guess it’s not entirely a P35. But I like the P35 because I like how it feels, handles and shoots—not necessarily just because it’s a P35. So, if you’re gonna modernize the design and still give me a solid all-metal gun that’s reliable, feels like a million bucks and puts holes right where I want them… sure. Beats a clone that’s true to form but not function (ahemTisas… coughSpringfield).

I get the ejection port lockup; it probably just makes more sense than ring lugs. Interesting on the internal extractor. That seems to be where the Tisas and the SA35 were having the most issues… so… maybe there’s something to that?

I guess i’m not thrilled about the idea of the grip being longer to accommodate 17 rounds (is the grip for sure longer though?). But, in this day and age, everyone would flip their shit about a big steel gun not having (much) more capacity than a Hellcat. So… I get it.

As far as the aesthetics? Eh, it’s fine. To be perfectly honest, I thought the P35 was ugly for the longest time. Kinda gangly looking. Muzzle cuts seemed out of place to me. Then I held one; it all made sense. Now I think the P35 is sexy, but… it took a minute. Maybe this’ll grow on me too. Still—I kinda wish they’d taken some styling cues from the HP-DA. To me, that’s what a modern Hi Power should look like.

Anyway… if the thing runs, I’ll be interested. I’d also love to see a compact.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 01-18-2022 at 01:01 AM.

User Tag List