Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shield, sealed emitter

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Shield is another of those Euro companies that see themselves as defense contractors not part of the commercial gun industry. As such they don’t have a shooting culture within the company. This is reflected in the issues with their products. There are too many other options on the market now for me to want to deal with them.
    This is based upon?

They are very prolific among competition shooters in Europe. I am sure militaries are lining up to buy their bright red or blue anodized RMS options.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    I looked at it during SHOT. It is smaller than the Acro, in at least three dimensions.
    Is there something in the Field of view at the 6 o’clock position? From the photos it looks like a bump for the emitter. There are no photos through the optic showing FOV on their site.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Is there something in the Field of view at the 6 o’clock position? From the photos it looks like a bump for the emitter. There are no photos through the optic showing FOV on their site.
    It's apparently a built in peep sight as described here (sorry for the ttag link)
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sh...ed-mini-sight/

Quote Originally Posted by JclInAtx View Post
    It's apparently a built in peep sight as described here (sorry for the ttag link)
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sh...ed-mini-sight/
    I haven’t tried looking thought that obviously, but damn that looks stupid.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I haven’t tried looking thought that obviously, but damn that looks stupid.

"The mechanism uses no click adjustment, making it infinitely more accurate when zeroing."

Cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    "The mechanism uses no click adjustment, making it infinitely more accurate when zeroing."

Cringe.
    It works ok with the RMRcc - I haven’t had any drift.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post

Cringe.
    If it holds zero I couldn’t care less about it not having clicks.

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

The peep is obviously their solution with extend the enclosed potion of the optic far enough back to enclose the emitter while still moving the rear pane of glass forward to allow the mounting screws in the same place. Holosun managed to do it without such a compromise. It remains to be seen how intrusive shields solution is.

User Tag List