Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tier 1 kitchen mixer?

Tier 1 kitchen mixer?

KitchenAid, Bosch, or something else? We don’t need all of the horsepower, but a balance of power, quality, and quiet operation sure would be nice.

https://www.amazon.com/Kitchenaid-Ar...dp/B01HKATXF0/

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-MUM4405...dp/B0001NNLH0/
    #RESIST

I purchased the KitchenAid mixer for my wife and it has been flawless. I think it came from Costco.

That Bosch looks hokey to me. On appearance alone it doesn't look very durable.

I can only speak to the Kitchenaid, but ours has been fantastic and the meat grinder attachment is pretty solid too. Not as good as a big horsepower one from Cabelas I’m sure, but I’ve used mine to grind up a lot of hog and it worked great. I’m sure it will have no problem with a couple white tails too.

But the mixer is great. I’m not a super user by any means, but there’s nothing I would change about mine.

I scored a Kitchenaid Pro series at a steep $250 discount at Best Buy during a one day sale. The Pro series is the tier 1 model and the Artisan the inbetween and the Classic the cheapest. If you want to make a lot of bread, pasta, and other things requiring heavy kneading, I'd go with the ARtisan or Pro series.

I personally wouldn't buy the mini as it's not that much cheaper than the full size and the smaller bowl will limit you if you want to do larger batches.

The prices between the Pro, Artisan, and Mini series are kind of hokey and fluctuate constantly so I'd just set a bunch of email alerts at various retailers and be patient.

I bought my wife her Kitchenaid around 5 years ago and it’s definitely been put through its paces. Even when I’m watching baking shows with her, it’s pretty much Kitchenaid mixers in those kitchens. I’d say they’re probably the best ones out there, quite adaptable with all the attachments.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I need to add that my wife is tiny and hates heavy appliances.
    #RESIST

We have a kitchenaid. I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. My wife and daughter bake a lot. Its the greatest thing ever and has paid for itself over and over.

My wife has the KitchenAid and loves it.

Takes Glock mags.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I need to add that my wife is tiny and hates heavy appliances.
    Do you have enough counter space to keep a mixer on? Or will you need to keep it in a cabinet and carry it out as needed? Because my pro series weights 30 pounds. Wouldn't want to lug it out and carry it far too often.

Keep in mind a very light mixer might "walk" when mixing very thick/sticky/heavy dough like bread, pasta, etc. A heavy mixer won't have any issues churning through it. If your baking will be limited to lighter recipes like cake batters, you can go with a lighter mixer with zero issues.

We have had a Kitchenaid for twenty plus years. Our old one just went to one of the kids and my wife bought a new one in Empire Red. It does yeoman work. I have no experience with the Bosch other than looking at the link. I’d go with the Kitchenaid. At 16 pounds it isn’t terribly heavy.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List