Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimber K6xs, aluminum 38spl for 2022

As long as these prove to be reliable and have decent QC, I'm a buyer on this one. Something like this (easy to pack, small frame .38 or .357 six shooter) is what Ruger and Smith should be offering.

If the the folks at Colt had common sense, a tradtionally styled (e.g. without a trigger guard the size of Montana) alloy frame Cobra could have beat this product to market and sold like hotcakes.

They were smart enough to make it 38 to keep weight down (wish smith would make the 342 again-smaller and lighter than the 340)

Kinda surprised SW hasn't made a J+ frame 6 banger (hammerless would be a good jacket pocket blaster)

I think i've only seen Kimber revos in big box stores (No gun shops in my area carry any Kimbers except Cabelas)

Many shops mostly carry J type revolvers and maybe a couple larger

Gets excited about this new thread before realizing I started it myself over a year ago... Wow.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    Good to hear it fits existing holsters; that’s already a serious weak point with Kimber revolvers.

Man , I have it in my budget to buy a lightweight Taurus 856 in August. This is hopefully going to make it a nice hard decision when that time comes.

Checks off a lot of boxes for me, but I can't understand why they would go with a fixed front sight...

If it's J frame sized and I can drop it in a pocket like my 442, I'm interested. If it's not, I'm not as interested.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    If it's J frame sized and I can drop it in a pocket like my 442, I'm interested. If it's not, I'm not as interested.
    Yeah, hoping it's a misprint on the specs since 7.8" length with a 2" barrel seems oversized. That's more than a 3" J or a 2" K for that matter. A typo'd 6.8" length would make more sense

https://www.kimberamerica.com/k6xs-38-spl
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

At the moment, I feel like a pair of 856 revolvers is a better bang for the buck over a single K6xs. 🤷🏻*♂️

Been waiting on this for a while..

With that said, I’m hoping the specs are incorrect, as I’m looking for something close to 442 size/pocketable. I also agree that the front sight should have been dovetailed, especially with a steel barrel….

User Tag List