Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Kimber K6xs, aluminum 38spl for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Tried my K6xs again today with different grips. I put the regular crimson trace boot grips (no laser) that came on my regular K6 on them. It still shot high at 10 yards and at 25 with 135 gold dot short barrel +P, Federal punch, regular 125 grain gold dot, 148 grain plated wad cutters and 129 grain remington ball. I used an extreme 6 o'clock hold and could pretty much put them where I wanted. I forgot to bring my golden saber +P or the critical defense, so maybe one of those shoots closer to point of aim. I almost want to send in it, but I am guessing there isn't much kimber would do. If I find a load that actually shoots POA/POI I will let you know.
    How are the plain rubber CT boot grips? I’m thinking of grabbing a set.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Like any "boot grip" it leaves your pinkie with nothing to hang on to. Combined with a fairly narrow profile I found it too squirmy for anything above 148 WC loads. This is very subjective of course (XL glove size for me).
    My apologies to weasels.

Site Supporter
    I don't have big hands, but my pinkie does hang a bit. However I got used to shooting like this with my 442. I like the grips. they are nice to hang on to, very little shift when shooting. They go nicely with the K6xs. With the regular K6 I would even shoot 125 gold dot .357 and it wasn't horrible.

I hated the grips that came with the K6xs ( they didn't include the removal tool, so I ended up destroying them taking them off), but those CT boot grips are pretty nice, especially for pocket or ankle carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    How are the plain rubber CT boot grips? I’m thinking of grabbing a set.

...Next trip I will try a few more kinds of hollow points and see if any of them are better regulated.
    Two questions

1. for those who own them how are these guns holding up so far?

2. rathos, did you ever find a round that shoots pretty close POA/POI for your gun?
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Two questions

1. for those who own them how are these guns holding up so far?

2. rathos, did you ever find a round that shoots pretty close POA/POI for your gun?
    I haven't really shot a ton through it, but I haven't found anything that hits POA/POI

I haven't really shot a ton through it, but I haven't found anything that hits POA/POI

Can confirm, just bought a brand new k6xs, and if shoots about 3"-4" high at 10 yards. Very disappointing that they give you fixed sights and the it shoots that far off. I can get a tight group on the bullseye by aiming at the bottom edge of a 6" target but I want a gun to shoot where I aim it. How could they have machined and designed the sights so badly?

User Tag List