Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Kimber K6xs, aluminum 38spl for 2022

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Anybody know if K6S holsters fit the k6xs?
    Sounds like they're the same exterior envelopes. Due to the different materials, there will likely be some potential grabbiness that we're seeing in less broken corners on other metal framed revolvers. If the frame has seen any polishing or "melting", the interior corner of the trigger guard is likely fine. If not, our holster, and potentially others, may need a mild adjustment.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    Sounds like they're the same exterior envelopes. Due to the different materials, there will likely be some potential grabbiness that we're seeing in less broken corners on other metal framed revolvers. If the frame has seen any polishing or "melting", the interior corner of the trigger guard is likely fine. If not, our holster, and potentially others, may need a mild adjustment.
    Yep I can now confirm there is some “grabbiness” with the k6xs. Goes in ok, getting out is more of a challenge. I’m in good shape now though.

I've had a K6xs for a few weeks now. Not a whole lot of rounds through it, but did test POA/POI using Critical Defense 110 gr +P. At 7-yards, POA was POI using the Critical Defense.

Also of note, the K6xs trigger is no where close to being as good as the K6S.

The K6xs fits perfectly in the Apollo Tom sent me. Like not a hint of anything off.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    The K6xs fits perfectly in the Apollo Tom sent me. Like not a hint of anything off.
    I’m guessing that’s a comment on the differences in finish on our 2 k6sx’s since his Apollo fits my 3”K6S perfectly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I've had a K6xs for a few weeks now. Not a whole lot of rounds through it, but did test POA/POI using Critical Defense 110 gr +P. At 7-yards, POA was POI using the Critical Defense.

Also of note, the K6xs trigger is no where close to being as good as the K6S.
    Hoping to get to the range on Tuesday; will take some critical defense along. I bought it for the combo of not-too-bad recoil, and ease of reloading for my lcr but it hit so far off of poi compared to everything else I set it aside and forgot I had it until I saw your post [emoji3]

Site Supporter
    Tried my K6xs again today with different grips. I put the regular crimson trace boot grips (no laser) that came on my regular K6 on them. It still shot high at 10 yards and at 25 with 135 gold dot short barrel +P, Federal punch, regular 125 grain gold dot, 148 grain plated wad cutters and 129 grain remington ball. I used an extreme 6 o'clock hold and could pretty much put them where I wanted. I forgot to bring my golden saber +P or the critical defense, so maybe one of those shoots closer to point of aim. I almost want to send in it, but I am guessing there isn't much kimber would do. If I find a load that actually shoots POA/POI I will let you know.

I finally got hands on a k6xs today. It's exactly what I thought it would be. This example had a fine trigger - lightish and smooth enough, though i'm not at all snobbish so if there was grit it wasn't bothersome. It had excellent sights, relative to other gutter sights on snubs. A nice deep notch and bright front, though i would paint the rear notch black and front orange per personal taste. The grips were adequate and seemed workable. Overall an excellent 6 shot j frame equivalent, if it runs...I would like to get one.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

While I didn’t get to hammer rounds through mine cuz I was shooting several snubbies I was very pleased with how it performed. It printed Double Tap 148gr wadcutters right to the sights at 10yds. Recoil was mild. Even the FBI load wasn’t bad to shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I really need one of these

User Tag List