Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimber K6xs, aluminum 38spl for 2022

Please update us after shooting @rathos

Quote Originally Posted by 42Willys View Post
    Please update us after shooting @rathos
    Indeed.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Checked one out at the LGS yesterday. No offense but my new Taurus 856 UL has a rough and heavy action but it is better than the K6xs I fondled yesterday. I own two K6s and the actions are quite nice with the early issue 2 inch better than the later K6 DA/SA.

Fit was good on the new lightweight K6 but that action had some serious glitches, catches and stalls on the way to the rear of the trigger guard. They look good but check out the action. Until I find a K6xs with a good action I will continue to pack my 856 UL.

I came across one of these in my local, friendly gun shop today. On this sample, there was a wall in the trigger, big enough to close off the Southern border. Unfortunately, this was the only example in the shop so I couldn’t compare it with another. The Taurus 856 Ultralight in the case had a smoother pull and no wall.

I picked up a K6xs (and 856 ULCH) yesterday as part of retail therapy. Both have excellent triggers. I was shocked by the trigger on the K6xs. It was smooth and seemed shorter than others. While the Hogue grips are nothing to write home about in my hand it points perfectly. The fixed sights are bold. The orange they use for the dot in the front sight is pathetic from a visibility standpoint. There seems like plenty of meat if someone had a mill for installing custom bumpy things on the top. Tom is sending me an Apollo for the standard K6 to verify fit with the K6xs.

Hopefully I’ll get to the range this week. If not it’ll have to wait until the move.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Hope abounds! Thanks Hizzie llok forward to your range report and the opportunity to try other XSes.

I was in Moscow, Idaho again today and went to my LGS. Tried the K6xs I wrote about yesterday, and it felt like a new gun. There must have been a burr on the action as the trigger reminded me of my K6 2" that I purchased in 2018. Now the dilemma which roundgun in my collection must go to finance the purchase of the K6xs.

I've promised myself not to purchase any more firearms.What I really need is a six shot 9mm revolver due to ammo prices.

Listed price before taxes was $579.50.

Anyone interested TriState Outfitters Moscow Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    I was in Moscow, Idaho again today and went to my LGS. Tried the K6xs I wrote about yesterday, and it felt like a new gun. There must have been a burr on the action as the trigger reminded me of my K6 2" that I purchased in 2018. Now the dilemma which roundgun in my collection must go to finance the purchase of the K6xs.

I've promised myself not to purchase any more firearms.What I really need is a six shot 9mm revolver due to ammo prices.

Listed price before taxes was $579.50.

Anyone interested TriState Outfitters Moscow Idaho
    I freaking love TriState in Moscow.

Bit of arcane P-F trivia: when Mrs Totem and I got married, lo these 30 years ago, we registered at TriState. Mrs T reminds me that TriState was the *only* place we registered. Still have the sleeping bags and a bunch of other stuff from there due to tying the knot as poor-ass, outdoorsy college students.

And, yeah, I’ve bought a gun or two from them.

Apologies for the tangent; by all means carry on with the carryable Kimber…
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Anybody know if K6S holsters fit the k6xs?

Site Supporter
    I will know 100% in a week or so, but the only real difference in size is the cylinder and maybe the front sight. Holsters should be compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Anybody know if K6S holsters fit the k6xs?

User Tag List