Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 21 gen 2

Site Supporter

Glock 21 gen 2

Local shop has a Glock gen 2 21,( 2 pin frame, no rail, no finger grooves, mag well cutout on front strap). Looks to be a police trade in but no department markings that I could find.
    Honest wear on the slide and the frame is dinged up, not a collectors item, but I'm thinking of picking it up.
    I have a gen 3 21 and a 41 so no real need for it but just like the old school look of it.

It's a solid gun. If the price is decent, no reason not to jump on it. And you've already got magazines, holster, etc.

Best, Jon

If you dig it, and the price is right, pick it up. Given its age, a thorough cleaning and replacing the springs with fresh ones can't hurt.

My bedside pistol (in a mounted level one security rig) is a Gen 2 G21.
    Thoroughly reliable.

If you can live with the fat grip and you get a good price, it's a very good gun.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I have this same model with 18k+ rounds through it and it is a great pistol. As mentioned above, if the price is right, it’s a good choice as it is very soft shooting. Replacing the springs is an excellent suggestion.

I have my late wife’s 21.2, and cherish it - not just because it was hers, but because it’s a friggin’ laser. Go for it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I sold my Glock 21, don't know which generation but no finger grooves, decades ago. Still wish I had it back.

One of the softest shooting .45's and, along with the G30, one of the most accurate Glock models. As stated above, change out the springs (recoil and trigger) and your good to go.

The Gen 2 Glock 21 with fresh springs is one of those Apocalypse guns. My dad has my G2 that he ended up with after the Gen 3s came out some time in the mid 90s. That gun was/is a superb shooter. You could buy a spare set of springs for that thing, put them in a ziplock bag, put both in a backpack with a few mags and some ammo and you would be very well armed for whatever trouble came your way.

Simply a hammer.

One caveat to early model G21s has to do with the breach face, extractor and slide stripper rail: If the G21's serial # is ALD000US or earlier, it'll have a 90 degree breach face with a 90 degree extractor, and a stripper rail without a bevel cut. To get the updated breach face, extractor and stripper rail modifications, coordinate with Glock Customer Service/Tech Support. You also might want to incorporate the later version of the trigger bar, which has a slightly higher vertical extension. As a matter of due diligence, I'd recommend replacing all springs (including magazine springs), the slide stop, spring cups, spring loaded bearing on the extractor/depresser plunger assembly, and the extractor.

Glock component for the most part are pretty inexpensive, and are certainly easily accessed and replaced. A good route might be to bite the bullet on shipping costs and send it directly to Glock for examination/repair/component replacement; you might want to take advantages of their in-house prices for sight replacement while it's there, replacing the OEM polymer sights with at least a set of Glock steels or tritiums-they have some good choices.

Best, Jon

User Tag List