Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry's Holster ICON 2nd gen

Harry's Holster ICON 2nd gen

J Frame AIWB: GTG, or no? It's for the Wife, btw.

Me, I'm a diehard pocket carry Dude. Mica holster works good for me. The one cut round works with most pants.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywitt View Post
    J Frame AIWB: GTG, or no? It's for the Wife, btw.

Me, I'm a diehard pocket carry Dude. Mica holster works good for me. The one cut round works with most pants.
    I don't know which generation I have, I've had it a couple of years, but it's definitely an excellent holster. I use it much more than my Mika.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

It seems like a big jump in price to go with a Dark Star, Phlster, or a Zulu Bravo. Usually, you get what you pay for, but not always. Also, the others are longer & for a 5'2" woman there's not a lot of space to go AIWB (short throw length between belt and thigh).

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywitt View Post
    It seems like a big jump in price to go with a Dark Star, Phlster, or a Zulu Bravo. Usually, you get what you pay for, but not always. Also, the others are longer & for a 5'2" woman there's not a lot of space to go AIWB (short throw length between belt and thigh).
    Dark Star is excellent as well, and I own several, but I would be shocked if she's not happy with the Icon. I say buy with confidence.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I have no idea what generation mine is, but I carry a 642-1 in an Icon with fair frequency and have been satisfied with it. Especially if your wife does not always wear a belt, the clip on the Icon will grab almost any waistband material with authority.

Site Supporter
    I do not carry AIWB, but the only way to answer the question of which holster is good for any lady is to let her try it herself. Everyone’s body structures and preferences are different, particularly when working around curved hips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Harry's is just fine, if anything will work, this one will.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    My J frame holster is a Harry's Icon. Good quality and carries well. +1 on the belt clip; I sometimes have to work to disengage it from a Mastermind belt.

Can't speak to the Harry's, but I've had years of reliable service from a DSG. I believe it's been improved since I purchased mine. With the wide factory clip, it will work dependably without belt carry and it conceals very well. I believe they may still offer a forum discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Can't speak to the Harry's, but I've had years of reliable service from a DSG. I believe it's been improved since I purchased mine. With the wide factory clip, it will work dependably without belt carry and it conceals very well. I believe they may still offer a forum discount.
    Yup, P-F.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List