Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Colleyville TX Synagogue Hostage Situation

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Colleyville is part of a regional SWAT team but given the Terrorism angle this will be an FBI show with DPS assisting.

I would expect this to be one an HRT show with other FBI regional teams in TX coming to supplement Dallas and HRT.

If the suspect is who he claims to be, open sources indicate he is an Architect and longtime resident of Houston.
    For sure. I was just imagining the nightmare at the command post. I've worked a bunch with DPS's primary regional team and they are very locked on dudes with tons of operational experiece under their belts.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The full-time federal team that specializes in these things may or may not already be on the way.
    Did not even occur to me that those folks might be deployed. 100% get it, just didn't occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I’d say he picked the wrong state to pull that fuckery in.
    Interesting quote. Not sure if the state has any relevance in this matter because I have no idea what the American Jewish temple viewpoint is on members being armed. I honestly just don't know. Many congregations are pacifist regardless of state of residence. In my church, this action would have been met swiftly and I am in a fairly liberal state but part of a conservative denomination.

The full-time federal team that specializes in these things may or may not already be on the way.
    #RESIST

Servare vitas.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Green light!
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Concur.

With an addendum, that the hostage-taker will hopefully soon be rapidly approaching room temperature.
    This is I think the fifth or sixth time that I'm aware of that swapping a western hostage for Aafia Siddiqui has come up, so I'm not sure the guy in the synagogue is the one that really needs to be taking the dirt nap.

This is the sort of thing where basic human decency and pragmatism really collide. We have person in custody, people keep taking hostages to swap for her, and there's a "wrong" .25 solution to the problem.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    According to the NY Times, the FBI won't say if the bad guy is armed. The article also said that the person is not the biological brother of the convicted terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    This is I think the fifth or sixth time that I'm aware of that swapping a western hostage for Aafia Siddiqui has come up, so I'm not sure the guy in the synagogue is the one that really needs to be taking the dirt nap.

This is the sort of thing where basic human decency and pragmatism really collide. We have person in custody, people keep taking hostages to swap for her, and there's a "wrong" .25 solution to the problem.
    Sorry I didn't major in cryptic. Are you saying we should take her out, or that the hostage taker should face no consequences because, politics?

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    According to the NY Times, the FBI won't say if the bad guy is armed. The article also said that the person is not the biological brother of the convicted terrorist.
    That is interesting. If the hostage taker is unarmed and lying about his name, this episode could be just a mentally ill person's argument with a preacher that got out of hand
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

User Tag List