Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Colleyville TX Synagogue Hostage Situation

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    A hostage rescue is the Super Bowl of the tactical world. There is no bigger moment, nothing riskier, and nothing more difficult. There are VERY few teams in the United States truly capable of executing a deliberate hostage rescue.
    If there were no hostages left inside at the time of the entry and shooting, it sounds like (fortunately), this wasn't the hardest test it could have been.

Also, on this topic, hat tip to the many patrol officers across the country who have been confronted with sudden hostage situations, and have dealt with them quickly with little more than good marksmanship. Of course, a preplanned rescue during a standoff is a different beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Maybe? I think what we would have done 20 years ago if all the hostages ran out the door, and the guy with the gun ran back in side, is continue to hold, and be glad your "hostage rescue" just turned into a "barricaded suspect."

At some point after the hostages run out, and the bad guy goes back in, there are some gun shots. What I'm wondering is if after the hostages flew the coop, the bad guy started shooting, which prompted breach and entry from HRT.

ETA: First gunshots I hear are at 00:39, no way of knowing from this video who was pulling the trigger. Then there's a bang that could be a NFDD, breaching charge, or IED.
    Twenty years ago, dynamic entries, at least in my part of the world, were far more common than they are today. In recent years, the SWAT community has leaned much more towards breach and hold, surround and call out, slow and deliberate, etc. This is true for Bureau teams as well.

I would imagine that HRT is well-versed in the techniques for a barricaded suspect. I would also suspect that they knew more at the time about the situation than what we know from the the video.

Also, I believe the SAC said during the press conference that he and HRT command staff “green lighted” HRT.

CNN, the administration and other mainstream media have clearly explained that there was nothing nefarious going on here...it was simply an opportunity for meaningful dialog between cultures...

There's nothing civil about this war.

To me, the first shots sounded like shotgun breaching, then an NFDD, then gunfire to neutralize suspect.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

FBI IDENTIFIES HOSTAGE-TAKER AT COLLEYVILLE, TEXAS SYNAGOGUE

Quotes from President Biden:
    President Joe Biden told reporters Sunday authorities "just don't have enough facts" to speculate why a man targeted a Colleyville, Texas synagogue, taking four hostages Saturday, calling the standoff "an act of terror."

"I don't-- we don't have I don't think there is sufficient information to know about why he targeted that synagogue, why he insisted on the release of someone who's been in prison for over 10 years, why he was engaged, why he was using an anti-Semitic and anti-Israeli comments," Biden told reporters."
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Shameful.

FBI Makes Claims Motive of Man Taking Hostages at Synagogue Was 'Not Specifically Related to Jewish Community

The FBI claimed that "we do believe that from our engagement with this subject," speaking of the hostage taker, "that he was singularly focused on one issue and it was not specifically related to the Jewish community, but we're continuing to work to find motive and we will continue on that path."
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Also, I made the mistake of reading the comments...already folks claiming it was all staged and scripted.
    I am not surprised. Alex Jones-grade nuttiness is an epidemic.

All hostages rescued, unharmed. Hostage-taker sent to the morgue. I’d classify that as a happy ending.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter

But in no way surprising. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I am not surprised. Alex Jones-grade nuttiness is an epidemic.

All hostages rescued, unharmed. Hostage-taker sent to the morgue. I’d classify that as a happy ending.
    With all of the stupid shit the Biden administration is doing, your Alex Jones commentary fails to impress. Maybe pick a better analogy. And, I hate Alex Jones...

User Tag List