Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Colleyville TX Synagogue Hostage Situation

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    It will be interesting to know whether the investigation reveals this is an outbreak of Sudden Solo Jihad Syndrome, or if there are tentacles reaching out to other groups.
    Or if the dead perp was just crazy.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    This is from a Facebook page of a Ex-congregant by the name of Itamar Gelbman

In the world of "you can't make this stuff up"... This is my old synagogue, I left due to a few issues, first, the Rabbi called Israel an apartheid state against Islam, and a second, he didn't allow his members (including myself) to be armed during services. Now he is held hostage by a Muslim man with a gun...
    I found in TX, that there was a lack of comprehension of why carrying a firearm and defending yourself is a good thing. My known advocacy of 2nd Amendment led to losing a friend and a lecture from a supposed 'mensch' on why, we didn't carry guns. You would think the two TX successful usages of firearms in churches might be convincing but no.

Not every member of the tribe is the same. At the old NTI once, my squad was 4 tribe member PhD social scientists - go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I found in TX, that there was a lack of comprehension of why carrying a firearm and defending yourself is a good thing. My known advocacy of 2nd Amendment led to losing a friend and a lecture from a supposed 'mensch' on why, we didn't carry guns. You would think the two TX successful usages of firearms in churches might be convincing but no.

Not every member of the tribe is the same. At the old NTI once, my squad was 4 tribe member PhD social scientists - go figure.
    Well Glenn, there's tribes and sub-tribes, I guess.
    I am happier and more useful as part of this one than I would be of the other more passive group.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

I find it that the more progressive liberal the individual is despite his/her usual "higher education" status, has a lot less understanding and comprehension of the realty of the world and how things work, especially when it comes to understanding the culture and politics of our Cousins from the Middle East & South Asia.

Thank goodness the reports being bandied about this morning indicate that the matter had absolutely nothing to do with Jews, Israel or antisemitism.

(I wonder if it had been a Black community place of worship if it would have been labeled a hate crime and racist?)

[sarc] intended.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Time for many to read
    How to Fight Anti-Semitism
    by Bari Weiss | Sep 10, 2019

That attitude drove her from the NY Times. BTW, if in NY - don't stand near the tracks in the subway. Another misguided soul pushed a woman in front of the train. Hard to believe I used to take the subway to the 3rd grade way back when.

Site Supporter
    Supposedly, this is footage from the incident. The first few seconds appear to show hostages escaping/being thrown out and followed by someone pointing a pistol, who then retreats back into the building. Gunfire, an explosion, and more gunfire follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf3J9qcVJhc

FBI HRT has gotten a lot of hate from some in the 2A community. I think we should be reasonable enough to look beyond a simplistic take on two incidents in the 90s, and recognize that these guys do great work.
    Last edited by Le Français; 01-16-2022 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Supposedly, this is footage from the incident. The first few seconds appear to show hostages escaping/being thrown out and followed by someone pointing a pistol, who then retreats back into the building. Gunfire, an explosion, and more gunfire follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf3J9qcVJhc

FBI HRT has gotten a lot of hate from some in the 2A community. I think we should be reasonable enough to look beyond a simplistic take on two incidents in the 90s, and recognize that these guys do great work.
    I think FBI Dallas SWAT was also involved in the entry, but I’m not 100% sure.

My dealings with HRT left me really impressed. A hostage rescue is the Super Bowl of the tactical world. There is no bigger moment, nothing riskier, and nothing more difficult. There are VERY few teams in the United States truly capable of executing a deliberate hostage rescue.

EDIT— Heard “landslide” around the 2 minute mark, but no one came out. I’m guessing someone saw what they thought was a device, and someone realized pretty quick it was fake. Pure speculation on my part.
    Last edited by TC215; 01-16-2022 at 11:56 AM.

I live in one of the toughest places to legally own a firearm.
    Not too long ago a few good individuals in our general area saw the necessity of providing quality security to institutes like Scholes Synagogues & places of worships in the area.
    The ONLY real option was to create our own legal Security company, so this great people invested tons of time & money out of their own pockets and created a legal security company...
    Today we have a large number of highly trained individuals from all walks of life.
    All of our tier 1 & 2 people posses NRA certified instructor & RSO credentials, we train hard every week, we go out and train with some of the best of the best in the field few times a year or we bring in some real top notch guys to train us.
    Yes it cost us a lot of time & money but you know what it worth every penny.
    I'm confident to say the terrorist from yesterday wouldn't be able to pass the outer parameter of a place where we have our trained people located.
    Last edited by Simong; 01-16-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    I find it that the more progressive liberal the individual is despite his/her usual "higher education" status, has a lot less understanding and comprehension of the realty of the world and how things work, especially when it comes to understanding the culture and politics of our Cousins from the Middle East & South Asia.
    When intelligent, affluent, educated elite are exposed to constant violence, they get armed and hire private security companies to show up when law enforcement cannot do so at desired levels. It does require constant reminders or else its forgotten and the perception of risk deteriorates to the point where it is lost for generations. Weapons start to stay at home, Training lapses. The private security companies start to be the lowest bidder, rather than the most competent. The kids stop doing martial arts and move onto golf and Cheer.

User Tag List