Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Colleyville TX Synagogue Hostage Situation

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    That video was just taken down by either the uploader or YouTube.

I made the mistake of reading the comments...already folks claiming it was all staged and scripted.
    I think it was the same outfit that faked the moon landing.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Also, I made the mistake of reading the comments...already folks claiming it was all staged and scripted.
    Ray Epps!

RAY EPPS!
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Supposedly, this is footage from the incident. The first few seconds appear to show hostages escaping/being thrown out and followed by someone pointing a pistol, who then retreats back into the building. Gunfire, an explosion, and more gunfire follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf3J9qcVJhc

FBI HRT has gotten a lot of hate from some in the 2A community. I think we should be reasonable enough to look beyond a simplistic take on two incidents in the 90s, and recognize that these guys do great work.
    Anyone rip that video ?

Name:  Video removed.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  17.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think it was the same outfit that faked the moon landing.
    Buzz Aldrin knows how to take care of those people..

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Buzz Aldrin knows how to take care of those people..

I always enjoy seeing that educational beat down.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Reloaded? Didn't see the original...edited, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post

Reloaded? Didn't see the original...edited, maybe?
    Interesting. It doesn't look like this was a deliberate entry. Rather it looks like the party kicked off with the hostages running out the door, and then developed from there.
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 01-16-2022 at 02:52 PM.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Interesting. It doesn't look like this was a deliberate entry. Rather it looks like the party kicked off with the hostages running out the door, and then developed from there.
    Yep. Hostage 1, 2 pile out at 00:03, then 3 follows at 00:05. With one released earlier, that’s the four, right?

Person with a handgun shaped object in their right hand steps to the door at 00:11, a WTF moment ensues, then he goes back in.

Name:  0C79F6EE-C389-479C-9350-45CD040AD844.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  31.5 KB

My guess is the team got the green light at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    My guess is the team got the green light at this point?

Maybe? I think what we would have done 20 years ago if all the hostages ran out the door, and the guy with the gun ran back in side, is continue to hold, and be glad your "hostage rescue" just turned into a "barricaded suspect."

At some point after the hostages run out, and the bad guy goes back in, there are some gun shots. What I'm wondering is if after the hostages flew the coop, the bad guy started shooting, which prompted breach and entry from HRT.

ETA: First gunshots I hear are at 00:39, no way of knowing from this video who was pulling the trigger. Then there's a bang that could be a NFDD, breaching charge, or IED.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Student
    Malik Faisal Akram, Colleyville Synagogue Suspect: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
    https://heavy.com/news/malik-faisal-akram/\
    Updated Jan 16, 2022 at 3:05pm
    ---
    That identification came after the hostage-taker claimed he was convicted terrorist Aafia Siddique’s brother Muhammad Siddiqui, but her lawyer told The Daily Beast that he is not Aafia’s biological sibling.
    ---
    1. Malik Faisal Akram Is From Blackburn, England, & His Brother Said Their Family ‘Would like to Sincerely Apologize Wholeheartedly to All the Victims’
    ---
    In a statement emailed to Heavy, Houston Chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-Houston) Board Chair John Floyd and legal counsel for the brother of Dr. Aafia, condemned the synagogue hostage taking situation and said that the “assailant has nothing to do with Dr. Aafia” or her family. The statement read, in part:
    ---
    2. President Joe Biden Called the Incident an ‘Act of Terror’ & Said the Suspect Stayed in a Homeless Shelter After Flying to the U.S. About 2 Weeks Ago Via New York

Akram arrived in the United States through JFK International Airport about two weeks before the incident, according to CBS News. It was not immediately clear if Akram was on any kind of watchlist or if he was known to police in the U.S. or in the U.K. prior to the attack. CBS’ Nicole Sganga tweeted, “Federal law enforcement investigating the scene have not yet found any explosive material was on the suspect, a senior federal law enforcement source tells @CBSNews. Per @MacFarlaneNews, federal courts do not show a criminal history for the suspect.”

Sganga added that the FBI believes Akram was able to enter the synagogue “by claiming to be a homeless man. … Investigators assessed through communication w/ the suspect that he appeared ’emotionally unstable.’

At an event on Sunday, January 16, 2022, President Joe Biden said the gunman used weapons bought off the street to carry out an “an act of terror,” Reuters reports.
    ---
    3. The Suspect, Who Claimed to Have Set Up Bombs, Said, ‘I Hope I Don’t Have to Shoot Anyone,’ in the Live Video
    ---
    4. Aafia Siddiqui Is Accused of Having Ties to 9/11 Mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed
    ---
    While Aafia Siddiqui’s brother was not the hostage taker, the hostage taker is accused of claiming that affiliation provides clues as to his potential motivation. Thus, it’s worth exploring her background.
    ---
    A 2008 news release from the U.S. Department of Justice announced the indictment of Aafia Siddiqui.

She was accused in the “attempted murder and assault of United States nationals and officers and employees,” the news release said. The indictment was filed in Manhattan federal court. It alleged:
    ---
    At that time, the indictment said that Aafia Siddiqui was “a 36-year-old Pakistani woman” who “resided in the United States from in or about 1991 until June 2002, and obtained degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Brandeis University. Siddiqui returned to the United States on December 25, 2002, and departed on January 2, 2003.”

The release said:
    ---
    She was later convicted.
    ---
    The site reported that Siddiqui’s imprisonment has made her a “superstar” among terrorist groups and in Pakistan.

Foreign Policy reported that Aafia “who’s known in counterterrorism circles as ‘Lady al Qaeda,’ has been linked to 9/11 ringleader Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and was once on the FBI’s most-wanted terrorists list.”
    ---
    5. The Synagogue’s Rabbi Said ‘I Am Grateful That We Made It Out. I Am Grateful to Be Alive’
    ---
    He issued a statement on Facebook the morning after he and the other hostages were freed saying, “I am thankful and filled with appreciation for all of the vigils and prayers and love and support, all of the law enforcement and first responders who cared for us, all of the security training that helped save us.”
    IDENTIFIED Who was Malik Faisal Akram?
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/173433...-faisal-akram/
    Akram, a British citizen, demanded to speak to convicted terrorist Aafia Siddiqui in the middle of the service, being overheard in a livestream for the congregants.

At this time, FBI officials believe that Akram acted alone, the Star Telegram reported.
    https://nitter.net/inzyrashid/status...72931667185667
    BREAKING: Statement from the brother of Faisal Akram of Blackburn who was the gunman in #ColleyvilleSynagogue hostage scenario, shared with @SkyNews

User Tag List