Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Colleyville TX Synagogue Hostage Situation

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I think FBI Dallas SWAT was also involved in the entry, but I’m not 100% sure.

My dealings with HRT left me really impressed. A hostage rescue is the Super Bowl of the tactical world. There is no bigger moment, nothing riskier, and nothing more difficult. There are VERY few teams in the United States truly capable of executing a deliberate hostage rescue.

EDIT— Heard “landslide” around the 2 minute mark, but no one came out. I’m guessing someone saw what they thought was a device, and someone realized pretty quick it was fake. Pure speculation on my part.
    Because of their remit and focus, I doubt you'll find anyone better at indoor CQB and Hostage Rescue than the HRT guys. I've dealt with a few FBI folks over the years. The SWAT guys and the HRT guys were notable for their humility and willingness to interact with other LE, frankly. And willingness to talk experience, tactics and equipment stuff.

Of course, I've also met the "other" FBI. The stuffy, arrogant yahoo's that make you shake your head in wonder that they don't get themselves killed going to their car in the morning, they're so oblivious.

The leadership class is who I have a problem with.....but I can say that about virtually every LE agency in the country at this point. With notable exceptions, this is a group of people whose incompetence, venality, and careerist ambition pose an actual threat to public safety. Change my mind.

Well said, @AMC

That mirrors my experience with working agents, management, and the few tactical folks I've dealt with.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Thank goodness the reports being bandied about this morning indicate that the matter had absolutely nothing to do with Jews, Israel or antisemitism.

(I wonder if it had been a Black community place of worship if it would have been labeled a hate crime and racist?)

[sarc] intended.
    Name:  0D5F11A4-2D6F-4025-8B7D-8622FE309CDD.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  45.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Because of their remit and focus, I doubt you'll find anyone better at indoor CQB and Hostage Rescue than the HRT guys. I've dealt with a few FBI folks over the years. The SWAT guys and the HRT guys were notable for their humility and willingness to interact with other LE, frankly. And willingness to talk experience, tactics and equipment stuff.

Of course, I've also met the "other" FBI. The stuffy, arrogant yahoo's that make you shake your head in wonder that they don't get themselves killed going to their car in the morning, they're so oblivious.

The leadership class is who I have a problem with.....but I can say that about virtually every LE agency in the country at this point. With notable exceptions, this is a group of people whose incompetence, venality, and careerist ambition pose an actual threat to public safety. Change my mind.
    It just depends, I guess. I don’t know much about Wray. I know that, allegedly, he and Merrick Garland don’t get along great. I also know that the Deputy Director is described as an “agent’s agent.”

I know first-line supervision who are awesome…especially the ones that want to do their time as supervisor then move back down to working cases (you either have to move up or move back down after you hit a specific amount of time). The ones you have to watch out for are the ones who want to be SAC so bad they’ll do anything to get there. I believe they’re the reason the agency has its current reputation.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    It just depends, I guess. I don’t know much about Wray. I know that, allegedly, he and Merrick Garland don’t get along great. I also know that the Deputy Director is described as an “agent’s agent.”

I know first-line supervision who are awesome…especially the ones that want to do their time as supervisor then move back down to working cases (you either have to move up or move back down after you hit a specific amount of time). The ones you have to watch out for are the ones who want to be SAC so bad they’ll do anything to get there. I believe they’re the reason the agency has its current reputation.
    Because of national political focus, I know that the FBIs reputation as a non partisan LE agency has taken a huge hit. I guess my statement was a little vague.....but I'm implicating ALL current LE leadership. As I said....there are notable exceptions. But the carreerist surrender to certain political narratives and agendas has caused lasting harm. My own agency is exhibit number one in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Name:  0D5F11A4-2D6F-4025-8B7D-8622FE309CDD.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  45.3 KB
    To be fair, that whole “Almond milk” thing is a real ass-gritter.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    The deceased hostage taker has been identified as 44 year old British citizen. They named him publicly but I won’t post that.

Site Supporter
    On another note, the conspiracy nuts are already questioning why a team literally titled “the hostage rescue team “was deployed to free hostages from “a single hostage taker.”

SMDH.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Supposedly, this is footage from the incident. The first few seconds appear to show hostages escaping/being thrown out and followed by someone pointing a pistol, who then retreats back into the building. Gunfire, an explosion, and more gunfire follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf3J9qcVJhc

FBI HRT has gotten a lot of hate from some in the 2A community. I think we should be reasonable enough to look beyond a simplistic take on two incidents in the 90s, and recognize that these guys do great work.
    I’m envious of those quad nods!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Supposedly, this is footage from the incident. The first few seconds appear to show hostages escaping/being thrown out and followed by someone pointing a pistol, who then retreats back into the building. Gunfire, an explosion, and more gunfire follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf3J9qcVJhc

FBI HRT has gotten a lot of hate from some in the 2A community. I think we should be reasonable enough to look beyond a simplistic take on two incidents in the 90s, and recognize that these guys do great work.
    That video was just taken down by either the uploader or YouTube. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got offered some money by a news agancy.

Also, I made the mistake of reading the comments...already folks claiming it was all staged and scripted.

User Tag List