Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti carjacking course (s)?

Anti carjacking course (s)?

Gang, can any recommend some vetted anti carjacking, vehicle courses? I am in Georgia, open to travel. I have done searches, but seek insight and recommendations.

Thanks,
    Dave

Southnarc's VCAST class is what you seek.

Randy Cain has a Street & Vehicle Tactics class in Feb. Lakeland, FL. Tactical Handgun is a prereq.

I believe that ECQC is a prereq for VCAST.
    David S.

It is good to ask like you are doing. You should be picky. I took a Vehicle tactics class from a Delta guy a number of years ago, and while it was a great class, there was almost nothing about it relevant to everyday people going about there normal lives trying to evade or overcome violence.

Took ECQC a long while back, I owe Southnarc for opening my eyes! I was a a whitebelt BJJ and that served me very well in the fray. Kinda reevaluated my whole mindset. Invaluable. I will scope out it out thanks for the recommendation.

Dave

I hope this thread gets more replies. I am looking for a good vehicle course. VCAST is the top of my list, but it was offered one time last year, in someplace like Utah or something, and that's just not going to work for me. Nor can I host nearer to me in NC. So...

I know of Centrifuge's VCQB, but I don't know to what extent that's really civilian-focused. Other one-day vehicle classes on my radar screen:

Pat Goodale
    John Murphy
    TDI Ohio
    Jason Kelly
    (And now Randy Cain, thanks to David S, though Florida is also too far for me)

At present, I am tentatively planning to hit TDI this summer, if finances, timelines and other such things allow it. Very eager to hear thoughts about these or other classes from alumni!
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

So, i live down in the ATL. Plenty of carjackings to go around. Daughters instructor dropped husband off at airport, got gas, thugs drove off her car, phone, house keys, ID, address! Scary.

I had just sold a old .30-30 trapper got the cash walked back to car, as I was getting in, olds 98 beat up with curb feelers pulled in slow behind, kid got out, as he did pulled his hoodie over head, put hand in his pocket, two others watched from his car. I reached around, looked him dead in the face and said “ you need to just get the fuck back in and keep rollin,” He raised his hands, said man it’s cool. Crazy!

I've taken VCQB with Will Petty and Street & Vehicle with Mike Pannone (and to see these guys get into it with each other over the slightest minutiae on social media is.......annoying).

Of those two, the guy I would go to for an anti-carjacking class would be.......drumroll....

John Murphy of FPF Training, as I have also done his Vehicle Environment Skills course. See my review here:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...tober-15-2016/

It was back in 2016, but John is ALWAYS tweaking his curricula, so I'm sure it's even better now. I think he tends to only offer this at his home range in VA, but I'm sure if someone had a good venue and a car or two, he could do it on the road.

I'm not saying his class is the best of the three I've mentioned, but for the OP's purpose, it is. It the only one of the three where we had a functional car and when a role player walked up, we just got to drive away! Imagine that! Murphy's classes are always grounded in the reality of a civilian going about his or her day, and will teach you more than just shooting through windshields. Things such as how to maneuver at a gas station, how to set up your gun/holster/seatbelt for optimum, rapid use, etc. Really good class with a lot of info packed into one day. Somewhere on his Facebook page there may still be a video of me taking on one of his mobile targets while pumping gas into "my" car.

Site Supporter
    That sounds like a great course. Unfortunately, FPF’S calendar only currently shows several opportunities for Street Encounters Skills and Tactics classes.
    I’d probably be willing to travel to Virginia for such a vehicle oriented self-defense class..

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    I've taken VCQB with Will Petty and Street & Vehicle with Mike Pannone (and to see these guys get into it with each other over the slightest minutiae on social media is.......annoying).

Of those two, the guy I would go to for an anti-carjacking class would be.......drumroll....

John Murphy of FPF Training, as I have also done his Vehicle Environment Skills course. See my review here:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...tober-15-2016/

It was back in 2016, but John is ALWAYS tweaking his curricula, so I'm sure it's even better now. I think he tends to only offer this at his home range in VA, but I'm sure if someone had a good venue and a car or two, he could do it on the road.

I'm not saying his class is the best of the three I've mentioned, but for the OP's purpose, it is. It the only one of the three where we had a functional car and when a role player walked up, we just got to drive away! Imagine that! Murphy's classes are always grounded in the reality of a civilian going about his or her day, and will teach you more than just shooting through windshields. Things such as how to maneuver at a gas station, how to set up your gun/holster/seatbelt for optimum, rapid use, etc. Really good class with a lot of info packed into one day. Somewhere on his Facebook page there may still be a video of me taking on one of his mobile targets while pumping gas into "my" car.

I take driving classes regularly from VDI

https://vehicledynamics.com/

They have classes for professional security drivers as well and are quite plugged into the security driver
    profession (both Civilian and some Military issues). I really enjoy their driving classes, I previously took
    their fighting in vehicles class (in cooperation with a martial arts expert from Georiga) and did not like it.
    They just started advertising a new class. The protection classes are about "Awareness" before problems
    start but are not practical for Individuals they are about how to protect executives/celebrities without
    using weapons or violence.

The have a new class coming with Alan Baker: Vehicle Centric Defensive Tactics (VCDT) Program
    https://vehicledynamics.com/vehicle-...-vcdt-program/

Alan 'The Professor" Baker, founder of the AMAC Tactical Group, and Bestselling Author of "The Warrior's Path"!

For the VDI team one of the most humbling, rewarding - and fun - aspects of what we do and how we do it is the opportunities it creates to work with some truly impressive professionals, sharing approaches, philosophies, and lessons learned when it comes to secure transportation, executive protection and, of course, training.

Recently, VDI's founder, Joe Autera, spent a few minutes with Alan Baker discussing his groundbreaking Vehicle Centric Defensive Tactics course, and how a chance meeting more than a decade ago not only contributed to the ongoing evolution of this innovative course, but more importantly, a lasting friendship between two like minded professionals as well!

To learn more about Alan Baker and the leading edge training he offers https://atlantamartialartscenter.com/tactical/courses.html

To order your copy of Alan's bestselling book, "The Warrior's Path:

https://www.amazon.com/Warriors-Path.../dp/B08VYJKDW2

For more information on Alan Baker's VCDT course, presented by VDI, check out https://vehicledynamics.com/vehicle-...-vcdt-program/

To order your copy of Joe Autera's bestselling book, "The Professional's Guide to Planning, Managing, and Providing Secure Transportation", visit https://www.amazon.com/Professionals.../dp/B0924121JM/
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

User Tag List