Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AIWB Holster List

Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    Keepers was the first I saw with a muzzle pad.
    Velcro-attached pad, yes. Abovementioned Invictus with its integral muzzle pad came in before that.

To add to a thread:

Name:  Del Fatti Rig.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  33.5 KB

This is an uncatalogued Matt DelFatti holster that he built for military folks who used that pistol. My own holster off of that design was built around '14 or '15, so the original design precedes that. I believe this is the first AIWB rig that had a wing to pull the grip in. This holster precedes SME.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Velcro-attached pad, yes. Abovementioned Invictus with its integral muzzle pad came in before that.

To add to a thread:

Name:  Del Fatti Rig.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  33.5 KB

This is an uncatalogued Matt DelFatti holster that he built for military folks who used that pistol. My own holster off of that design was built around '14 or '15, so the original design precedes that. I believe this is the first AIWB rig that had a wing to pull the grip in. This holster precedes SME.
    A wild YVK appears! More likely it's me who's been too busy to notice, but it's been a bit. Any more pics of that available?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    A wild YVK appears! More likely it's me who's been too busy to notice, but it's been a bit. Any more pics of that available?
    No, this is the only pic of that holster that Matt sent me when he was working on mine. Mine is a bit different but I can post a pic if you're interested.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I started aiwb in 2012-2013 with garrett industries silent thunder slim for a glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    No, this is the only pic of that holster that Matt sent me when he was working on mine. Mine is a bit different but I can post a pic if you're interested.
    I found this: https://www.1911forum.com/threads/de...olster.593497/

Perfect for me. Somehow that holster is something I missed over the years.

Back in the day, mid-1980s I think, two fellows, Mike Harries (firearms instructor in Los Angeles) and Mike Horn (Bakersfield FD) made a straight drop IWB. I never used it as an appendix holster, but being straight drop it probably would have worked just fine.

The holster was folded out of a single piece of thin kydex. Think of origami done with cardstock paper. If I remember correctly, they called it the "Snick" due to the snapping sound generated when re-holstering. I paid Mike Harries $25 for my first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Back in the day, mid-1980s I think, two fellows, Mike Harries (firearms instructor in Los Angeles) and Mike Horn (Bakersfield FD) made a straight drop IWB. I never used it as an appendix holster, but being straight drop it probably would have worked just fine.

The holster was folded out of a single piece of thin kydex. Think of origami done with cardstock paper. If I remember correctly, they called it the "Snick" due to the snapping sound generated when re-holstering. I paid Mike Harries $25 for my first one.
    The Snick and the Mad Dog Gun Glove are on the list for sure. The latter being some inspiration on the CCC Shaggy. The names are gonna be super useful as I map this out. A call to DB is in order.

User Tag List