Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter storm 2022 “Izzy” thread

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    First small flakes are coming down now. Harbinger of what's to come.

Hopefully people will go home and stay there before this hits but I expect malfunction junction to live up to its name and I will be out there shortly. The odd thing is they are forecasting more for home than they are here.

No matter what happens or fails to happen in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a result of the storm, Glenn Youngkin will be blamed for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m from Wyoming. It being winter ain’t the problem. It’s how other people panic and how lots of the East Coast has way more trees than the Midwest coupled with overhead power lines. Not to mention road crews that are not even close to being the equivalent of say, WYDOT.

The local grocery stores are sold out of most things here. If someone posts a a video of liberals panicking at Whole Foods, I’ll gift them a membership or to the person of their choosing. Once I stop giggling, of course.

I grew up in the Chicago burbs. A lot closer to the east coast than WY to be sure. Survived the Winter of ‘67. Survived (and made some good money) during the 1977-78 storms. Plus...all the ones in between.

How did civilization ever possibly get to the point of indoor plumbing and inflatable tires?

This is no different than all the covid crap. Turn the damn TV off, put down the iPad, and get on with your lives.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I grew up in the Chicago burbs. A lot closer to the east coast than WY to be sure. Survived the Winter of ‘67. Survived (and made some good money) during the 1977-78 storms. Plus...all the ones in between.

How did civilization ever possibly get to the point of indoor plumbing and inflatable tires?

This is no different than all the covid crap. Turn the damn TV off, put down the iPad, and get on with your lives.
    Yeah, but there's hockey tonight!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post

Sunny day out with no clouds to yell at where you live?

We had a windy day today… temperatures hovered around 0°… but windchill was -45° [emoji106]

Weather for Monday says around 6”… but a high of 40°. The graphic shows rain/snow… and a little more snow on Wednesday. Funny thing with ME, you just have to wait 20 minutes, and weather will change again.

I've got co-workers coming up to northern Ohio today instead of tomorrow for work next week because of it. Kinda curious if it's gonna be all that bad for their route.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Ohhh, you've never endured winter until the Atlanta broadcasters HINT at it. Dogs and Cats LIVING together type pandemonium.

Don't forget the Milk and Bread, because everybody craves damn Milk sandwiches...

The Jack-legs around here can't drive when the sun is out, and it will go from zero to stupid in milliseconds.

Ugh.

Sorry.

Feel better now...

I didn't realize there's a snowpocolypse on the horizon. Must be an FBI inside job to somehow undermine America.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Booze and Beer...check
    Whew!

Was getting nervous there for a minute thinking you had overlooked.

Stay safe.

They have salted the roads down here, and we aren't expecting any accumulation at all.

User Tag List