Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter storm 2022 “Izzy” thread

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    It’s like everything else...bombarded by nonstop media torment, additionally fueled by social media.
    It's ingrained in the DNA. Just like when we had the 2021, or was it 2020 Colonial pipeline problem. All of the highest state government officials went on the air, on the web, Etc stating that it was just a temporary problem and motorists in our state would be just fine, SO LONG AS PEOPLE DON'T START HOARDING GAS.

The population took that to mean; IT'S TIME TO HOARD GAS!!! And things immediately went to hell.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    All aboard the USS Entropy for your exclusive cruise titled "Back In My Day: An Expose On Yelling At Clouds".

Pound sand.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Calling for 16" here.

Tub filled with water for flushing...check.

Propane fireplace valve opened...pilot light lit...check (Two other propane fireplaces available)

Water bottles filled...check

Cell phone charged...check

Chili on the stove...check

Booze and Beer...check

Shovels...check

Hope it's a non-issue...but generally around here, we can expect to be without power for a time.
    How are things in your part of the state buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Pound sand.
    Don't forget to shake your fist in the air.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    How are things in your part of the state buddy?
    I'm guessing we have about 10". (I didn't lay down to measure.) (Still snowing, sleeting, wintry mixing).

Power is still on.

Satellite dish is still working. I figured I'd need to clear it.

Worst part this morning after walking the dog was shoveling a bit of a path for my wife, and knocking snow off tree limbs hanging / weeping into the gravel road. (Cypresses and pears.)

Thanks for asking...can't complain.

Hope everyone else is okay. I'm just now getting online to check this morning. We're not out of the woods yet.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Weird weekend for weather here as well.

We are getting tornado warnings, with local winds up to 50 mph plus. Including rotational winds on the local forecasts for Naples and areas within Collier County. I'm in Sarasota county and so far only breezy and rainy.

Obviously nothing like ya'll are dealing with. Stay safe.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    It's ingrained in the DNA. Just like when we had the 2021, or was it 2020 Colonial pipeline problem. All of the highest state government officials went on the air, on the web, Etc stating that it was just a temporary problem and motorists in our state would be just fine, SO LONG AS PEOPLE DON'T START HOARDING GAS.

The population took that to mean; IT'S TIME TO HOARD GAS!!! And things immediately went to hell.
    Let's not forget that anymore when the govt says everything is ok, it probably isn't.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Power went out in my neck of the woods at 6:45, was woken up by my son searching through the house with a flashlight as his night light went out and he wanted to “see who else was awake”. Immediately got to work getting a fire started in the wood stove fireplace insert - we typically don’t use it just to prevent any “fireplace” smell in the house. Cooked eggs and made coffee over the fire, emptied the fridge onto the back porch to keep things cold. Just been throwing a log in the stove every once in a while since then and watching folks get stuck in the road a couple hundred yards out my front door (even in a 4x4 truck due to a bit of a hill on our nearest road) and playing board games with kiddos for the last couple hours.

Stay safe and warm out there.
    In one physical model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction, Danny. -Ty Webb

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Let's not forget that anymore when the govt says everything is ok, it probably isn't.

Chris

"We know where you live."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Well, I just got back from walking to the neighborhood Whole Foods and things weren't crazy at all.

From what I saw, milk and bread looked fine. I went for the important stuff, though......wine, cheese, spreads, and some cured meats.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List