Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter storm 2022 “Izzy” thread

Winter storm 2022 “Izzy” thread

How’s everyone doing? They’re predicting ice and we hatesss it, yesss we do.
    #RESIST

My daughter headed back to school today rather than tomorrow due to possible deteriorating road conditions across PA Sunday afternoon. Nothing expected here in CT till after midnight Sunday.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    How’s everyone doing? They’re predicting ice and we hatesss it, yesss we do.
    We were supposed to go see my mom down in NC, but decided to postpone the trip. Not so much for the weather here in NoVA as the roads *should* be cleared by our return on Monday, but because my brother would have been coming from the SW VA mountains via a lot of secondary roads and canceled first. We realized we all had a long weekend in Feb that would work just as well. I was going to swing by Green Top and look at the empty shelves on the way down I95.

Since I was supposed to be out of town and am now not, I'm going to use the unplanned free weekend to do a bunch of puttering about the house with coffee in hand. I need to bed my 308, for which my Devcon arrived yesterday, there is some 3d printing to be done (nothing exciting, just bits and pieces), and there is an ARRL VHF contest starting in an hour that I will participate in. SWMBO is going to fix a nice, warming beef stew tomorrow as well. A nice relaxed weekend doing nothing of consequence...

Chris

Site Supporter

Calling for 16" here.

Tub filled with water for flushing...check.

Propane fireplace valve opened...pilot light lit...check (Two other propane fireplaces available)

Water bottles filled...check

Cell phone charged...check

Chili on the stove...check

Booze and Beer...check

Shovels...check

Hope it's a non-issue...but generally around here, we can expect to be without power for a time.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    It’s winter.

🤷
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    It’s winter.

🤷
    I’m from Wyoming. It being winter ain’t the problem. It’s how other people panic and how lots of the East Coast has way more trees than the Midwest coupled with overhead power lines. Not to mention road crews that are not even close to being the equivalent of say, WYDOT.

The local grocery stores are sold out of most things here. If someone posts a a video of liberals panicking at Whole Foods, I’ll gift them a membership or to the person of their choosing. Once I stop giggling, of course.
    #RESIST

Ya'll stay safe.

At work waiting on snowpocalypse to arrive. It must be bad because Jim Cantore is reported to be broadcasting from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    At work waiting on snowpocalypse to arrive. It must be bad because Jim Cantore is reported to be broadcasting from here.
    First small flakes are coming down now. Harbinger of what's to come.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List