Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter storm 2022 “Izzy” thread

I'd say we're a bit over a foot now, judging by what's on top of the table on my deck.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

It’s 58 here with some clouds and a breeze. We will rebuild.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I used to like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    That's the pioneer spirit.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I made it through the shift without too much drama. We (just my truck) assisted a neighboring department with a chimney fire at 0200 this morning. It was an easy drive home and after a nap I played in the snow with the Danes for a few minutes. We are well over a foot here and still snowing.

Everyone wants to blame the south for the bread and milk panic buying but sources say it actually has its roots in the northeast,

"My colleagues at Accuweather argued that New Englanders may be the origin of the bread-milk craze. They point to the Blizzard of 1978 that trapped people in their homes for weeks as being partially credited with this practice." Quoted from The Science Behind Why People Buy Bread When Snow Is In The Forecast (forbes.com)

A reporter for Pittsburgh Magazine reported that during the city's worst snow storm in 1950, grocery stores experienced milk and bread shortages, so that might be why some people feel like they have to buy those items prior to storms.

The Best Bread & Milk Memes About Storm Jonas Show People Aren't Messing Around (romper.com)

Was in the duck boat this morning here in coastal Alabama. It started “snowing” as we picked up the dekes. Then it “snowed” again when we got back to the launch. It wasn’t heavy enough to stick at all, but pretty enjoyable to be out in and witness nonetheless.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I made it through the shift without too much drama. We (just my truck) assisted a neighboring department with a chimney fire at 0200 this morning. It was an easy drive home and after a nap I played in the snow with the Danes for a few minutes. We are well over a foot here and still snowing.

Still snowing...and we haven't bought any bread or milk. (Well, Half and Half for the coffee. But that was a week ago or so.)

Yep...it looks like it's going to exceed the 16" predicted.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Still snowing...and we haven't bought any bread or milk. (Well, Half and Half for the coffee. But that was a week ago or so.)

Yep...it looks like it's going to exceed the 16" predicted.

Oh well.
    Lately I've been using 1/2 Half & Half and 1/2 Heavy Whipping Cream. Which reminds me to add both to my list for later. (My wife keeps buying the Ready Whip Reduced Fat Whipped Cream in a can. YUCK why bother! It's like tempting you with a hint of the good stuff but it really isn't good.)

I'm jealous of your snow totals and happy also we are only projected to get 1-3". I'd love to get the snowshoes out but also my neighbor has a hernia he is waiting to get repaired. I told him not to worry about the snow I've got him covered.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'd say we're a bit over a foot now, judging by what's on top of the table on my deck.
    @blues what part of the NC mountains are you in?

Coming down pretty well here in NoVA. God, I hope DC gets smashed.
    #RESIST

User Tag List