Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Winter storm 2022 “Izzy” thread

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I told him I wouldn't know that answer until I was much closer to the number. 😁 That reply works well for the "how many guns" question, too.

So, what's in your barn?
    Can't have too many tractors!

Was going to get a Kubota, but the dang salesman was a prick and ignored all my calls and questions. Ended up with a Deere 5055E because of the salesman (and it took me two Deere dealers before I found a responsive salesman)

Was supposed to be 4” to 8”… maybe an inch to an inch and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    My loader tractor is a B7200 HST. I also have a B6200 HST that I use with a belly mower. My GF1800 is great for mowing once things dry up in early summer (I live in the Little House in the Big Swamp). A buddy at work once asked me how many Kubotas does one man need. I told him I wouldn't know that answer until I was much closer to the number. 😁 That reply works well for the "how many guns" question, too.

So, what's in your barn?
    Sadly, my grid square is solidly "suburban" these days, so my barn (and contents) are aspirational for now. It's an attached garage holding a Toro push (and a flat blade snow shovel I spent the day running) for the time being.

Spent some time on a Kubota RTV a long time ago, so that's where my head went. A man with a barn like yourself needs a for realz tractor, obviously.

I had some fun poking at the idea earlier while thawing out...I just need that 40 acres first.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Glad to see everyone survived!

Any word on the flooding yet?🤪
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Glad to see everyone survived!

Any word on the flooding yet?[emoji2957]
    Stream behind the house is frozen… [emoji41]

But if I have to worry about flooding (30’ above said stream), might need to find an ark.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's great. You'll enjoy the spring weather so much more than last year.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Can't have too many tractors!

Was going to get a Kubota, but the dang salesman was a prick and ignored all my calls and questions. Ended up with a Deere 5055E because of the salesman (and it took me two Deere dealers before I found a responsive salesman)
    Kubota's are expensive to maintain. I had an old 7200 and the parts were hellish expensive. JD has parts and service. Kubota is like HK, because you suck and we hate you.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Kubota's are expensive to maintain. I had an old 7200 and the parts were hellish expensive. JD has parts and service. Kubota is like HK, because you suck and we hate you.
    You choose your color and you take your chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Sadly, my grid square is solidly "suburban" these days, so my barn (and contents) are aspirational for now. It's an attached garage holding a Toro push (and a flat blade snow shovel I spent the day running) for the time being.

Spent some time on a Kubota RTV a long time ago, so that's where my head went. A man with a barn like yourself needs a for realz tractor, obviously.

I had some fun poking at the idea earlier while thawing out...I just need that 40 acres first.

We bought a 6 acre parcel about a mile from home. I really want an RTV to run back and forth but they are frightfully expensive. I'll probably have to go with a cheaper alternative. My Kubotas.are considered compact tractors. Very rarely do I wish for a full-size version but yesterday I could have used one.

Anyone getting affected by the current East Coast system?

We've gotten more ice with this one compared to Izzy.

User Tag List