Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter storm 2022 “Izzy” thread

For my area, I’m actually looking forward to it.

Right now it’s 1°, the roads are so salty it’s feels like a dust storm and the girlfriend and I both have Monday off, which is when the remnants are due to reach us. It’ll be windy but it should warm up to the mid-40’s…time to open the windows and mix some fruity drinks.

Site Supporter
    The cold air is getting around and below the low faster than models predicted and parts of MS have reported 6+ inches of snow this morning. Looks like central AL might be getting a light dusting, and unlike a couple of weeks ago roads are cool enough and snow is falling fast enough we might end up with travel problems here too.

Site Supporter
    Visiting relatives in RIC... Low 20's here this morning.... Hopefully the temps tonight stay above freezing as predicted. If so, this storm should be mostly a nothingburger here. I'm sure I just jinxed myself.

Stay safe at home y'all. Ice is bad for travel.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I was thinking of taking a scenic drive down I95 later.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m from Wyoming. It being winter ain’t the problem. It’s how other people panic and how lots of the East Coast has way more trees than the Midwest coupled with overhead power lines. Not to mention road crews that are not even close to being the equivalent of say, WYDOT.

The local grocery stores are sold out of most things here. If someone posts a a video of liberals panicking at Whole Foods, I’ll gift them a membership or to the person of their choosing. Once I stop giggling, of course.
    At first they were calling for 3 - 6 inches. Now this

Last night. Not Whole Foods but a large chain supermarket

I don't understand people's fear and obsession of buying up food before a snow "storm". It almost seems like a tradition more than a need. Like Black Friday!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I don't understand people's fear and obsession of buying up food before a snow "storm". It almost seems like a tradition more than a need. Like Black Friday!

I'm sure there's some form of psychological phrase or term that would describe it. Very similar to the situation in 2020 where people who had more than enough toilet paper to last for a year in their house would suddenly scramble to the store when they heard that there was a shortage.

Power blinked on and off a few times around 2 a.m. here. Had me a little concerned, even though the temperatures are supposed to be warming up significantly, the amount of rain and wind we are going to get may have kept the repair Crews from working. Thankfully it never went off completely. Way to go Duke Power!

My friends from Charlotte have been sending me wonderful videos of them playing in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I'm sure there's some form of psychological phrase or term that would describe it. Very similar to the situation in 2020 where people who had more than enough toilet paper to last for a year in their house would suddenly scramble to the store when they heard that there was a shortage.

Power blinked on and off a few times around 2 a.m. here. Had me a little concerned, even though the temperatures are supposed to be warming up significantly, the amount of rain and wind we are going to get may have kept the repair Crews from working. Thankfully it never went off completely. Way to go Duke Power!

My friends from Charlotte have been sending me wonderful videos of them playing in the snow.
    I would put 2020 in its own category. But we get winter storms every year. You should know by now that you'll probably spend the next day home shoveling. Don't really need to buy up a shopping cart for that. Also, what's with shovels disappearing from shelves around the same time? Do people just throw out thier last year's shovels? What gives? I've been using the same shovel for God knows how long, it's probably older than me.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post

It’s like everything else...bombarded by nonstop media torment, additionally fueled by social media. Growing up, about 6” was the low-end cutoff for a snow day from school. Even then, if you were within walking distance, chances are your parents kicked you out the door a half hour early for the walk.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

All aboard the USS Entropy for your exclusive cruise titled "Back In My Day: An Expose On Yelling At Clouds".
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List