Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun Solar powered dot that fits MOS cut out

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    I thought that was one of the light sensors. I suppose it could be doing double duty.

Jason
    Me too, but I don't see anything else on the optic body that resembles a switch. I'm trying to create a preliminary QRC for it, maybe I will just wait till they drop the owner's manual to confirm.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks.

Is this circled thing the button, do you think?

Attachment 84901
    Yes, that's what they showed in the shot show video.
    2:32 minutes in:
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Yes, that's what they showed in the shot show video.
    2:32 minutes in:
    Thanks, that is a great close up at 2:30. I just need the logic for how that button actually works now, and I will bang out the QRC.

Appreciate it.

Cool, thanks for the video.

Jason

So does one need to buy a grow lamp to charge said sight?? Asking for a friend.

I find that even when I知 at the outdoor range I知 under cover, so in theory my sight will see little direct sunlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post

I find that even when I知 at the outdoor range I知 under cover, so in theory my sight will see little direct sunlight.

From what the Holosun rep said, any light will charge it. You won't need direct sunlight to charge it. And, if I remember correctly, but it's my bedtime, I think he said 20,000 hours of battery life. 800+ days. If the battery works half as well as they said, then I'll get 400+ days.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post

Literally just leave it under a window for a few days

I also recall a comment from Aaron Cowan that his had been fine for over a year without any effort to charge it.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Literally just leave it under a window for a few days
    Sarcasm??? Leave my carry gun under a window for a few days so anyone walking by can do a smash and grab?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I also recall a comment from Aaron Cowan that his had been fine for over a year without any effort to charge it.
    Thats great. My regular Holosun does the same. However, when it isn't fine, I just put in a new battery and we are ready to go again in like 2 minutes.

Please dont misunderstand. I like the idea. Would have preferred that to be a closed emitter optic, but I've been carrying open emitters for years without any serious issues. My gun lives indoors, under a cover garment 95+% of the time. I'm at the range once a week-ish, but end up under cover most times when I cant redefine the firing line due to others being there. Even if I were to go out from under the cover I'm there for an hour or so. Is that enough to charge it or do I end up with a dead optic and need to take hours to charge it. Kind of sucks if I wake up and see the blinking dot and now what???

While my question was posed in a tongue and cheek kind of way it was serious. Can this thing be topped off with drawer lamp, or safe lamp or? How does charging work and get controlled. If one were to rig up a chagrin light in a nightstand drawer or safe, would it cook the battery eventually...

My understanding (and it could be wrong) is that it's basically a battery optic with a solar option to extend the battery life.
    If it doesn't see a lot of light, just swap out the battery like a normal RDS.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List