Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun Solar powered dot that fits MOS cut out

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Is anyone else going to do a direct MOS mount optic?
    I bet they do. I believe Shield already has done packages with Glock over in Europe for the little MOS guns. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are the next up. (I’m ignoring the oddball Noblex-Docter sight.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Can anyone with an MOS plate measure the distance between the mounting-to-the-gun plate holes? (Or the distance between the SCS mounting holes)

With the right distance, it would be easy to direct-mill almost any slide. I have milled for a DDP and know for a fact that they are 14 mm (0.551 inches.) If/when a red dot comes out for them, I can actually use it on previously milled slides that have 14 mm between holes (Docter, Venom, Viper, Holosun 407K/507K, Fastfire III, Shield, etc.)

I used to ponder not having lugs that are used to locate red dots on guns. I have never had a failure due to this and talking to gunsmiths, they felt it shouldn't be a problem. In fact, Holosun refers to them for their 407K as locating lugs, not recoil lugs. And, this quote from EGW validates my thoughts:

Self centering screws with tapered heads act as recoil lugs and any inconsistency in spacing is worked out in the tolerances
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Anyone else gotten a SCS yet?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Anyone else gotten a SCS yet?
    Nope. Still waiting.
    --Jason--

Midway shows them as coming out on 8/7/22.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Ooof. That’s not quite end of May.
    Ken

Ooof. That’s not quite end of May.
    Do we know if that's cos Midway are receiving the first or subsequent batches?

Things slip but if they're already some in the country then it could be that Midway are further down the order list.

I bet they do. I believe Shield already has done packages with Glock over in Europe for the little MOS guns. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are the next up. (I’m ignoring the oddball Noblex-Docter sight.)
    Those guns are cut for the RMS footprint, though.

Just got my ship notice from EuroOptic.
    Ken

Just got my ship notice from EuroOptic.
    Just ordered mine from them as well.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List