Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun Solar powered dot that fits MOS cut out

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    No. He says he "will have exact times in the May time frame". That's when they will actually reveal the release date. I suspect it won't be out before next year at that rate.
    "A long press will power the optic on and off, and momentary presses switch reticle options, i will have exact times when the SCS is released in the May time-frame."

I interpret that as "exact times" refers to how long the "long" press is to turn the optic on or off, and what "momentary" means. Something like, "hold control button >3 seconds to turn optic on or off, momentary press to switch reticle selection", or similar, for example.

Oh, I completely misread the message. Disregard entirely.

Site Supporter
    This was in the email they sent on February 23: "If you are interested in any of the products we announced at Shot Show (EPS, EPS Carry, SCS) we do not have pricing available and they are not available for backorder at this time. Please reach out to us at the end of March to see if they are available for backorder."

So that's why I was hoping for May. We'll see.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Sarcasm??? Leave my carry gun under a window for a few days so anyone walking by can do a smash and grab?

I think you are way overthinking this. Your house has windows right? Pick one that gets a lot of sunlight, and place the sight on the windowsill for a few days before you install it. Once it has a near full charge the light that the solar cell gets from your practice should be sufficient to keep it going indefinitely, if Holosuns marketing is anywhere near accurate.

...and instead of a battery change every year, leave your slide in the same window for a day. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    ...and instead of a battery change every year, leave your slide in the same window for a day. Problem solved.
    Leave a slide in a window. Seriously?!

Not all of us live in gated communities of like minded folks. Advertising gun ownership by heaving identifiable gun parts on window sills is not a good idea. Want to have your home /apartment/condo broken into? Cause that’s how you get your home broken into.

Much easier to rig up a small UV lamp. If there is a charge controller that won’t let you fry the onboard capacitor/battery that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like you get my point, but spare me the incredulity. Plenty of folks live in two story houses, not on the ground floor in an apartment, have a fenced yard, etc, etc, etc.

Or leave it on your kitchen counter for all I care.

Site Supporter
    I saw this update on "the insta":

Name:  Screenshot_20220321-105353_Instagram.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  29.4 KB
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Leave a slide in a window. Seriously?!

Not all of us live in gated communities of like minded folks. Advertising gun ownership by heaving identifiable gun parts on window sills is not a good idea. Want to have your home /apartment/condo broken into? Cause that’s how you get your home broken into.

Much easier to rig up a small UV lamp. If there is a charge controller that won’t let you fry the onboard capacitor/battery that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Messing around with stuff a while back, I used electrical tape to tape the leads of an LED on each side of a flat 3V battery because i wanted to see how long it would last. I stopped the experiment after about a month of the LED being on. You could position a similar janky rig so that the LED was delivering almost the entirety of its output to the solar panel in a drawer, safe, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Messing around with stuff a while back, I used electrical tape to tape the leads of an LED on each side of a flat 3V battery because i wanted to see how long it would last. I stopped the experiment after about a month of the LED being on. You could position a similar janky rig so that the LED was delivering almost the entirety of its output to the solar panel in a drawer, safe, etc.
    Or just use a cheap AA LED flashlight.

User Tag List