Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun Solar powered dot that fits MOS cut out

Holosun Solar powered dot that fits MOS cut out

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYvalseL...dium=copy_link

Be interesting if this works as advertised.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Damn, Holosun is pushing the envelpoe (sic ) of technology these days.

But seriously: Nice. Titanium housing and made for GLOCK MOS slide with no plates. They even milled the optic to match the slide cuts. No battery change is great, but Auto brightness only...eh I dunno about that. Holosun is killing it these days. It's almost like as a company they are listening to what people want, and moving to produce those products.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Damn, Holosun is pushing the envelpoe (sic ) of technology these days.

But seriously: Nice. Titanium housing and made for GLOCK MOS slide with no plates. They even milled the optic to match the slide cuts. No battery change is great, but Auto brightness only...eh I dunno about that. Holosun is killing it these days. It's almost like as a company they are listening to what people want, and moving to produce those products.
    Definitely. Makes the legacy RDS manufacturers look stagnant.

Wow, color me impressed! Also, the optic is so small/slim on bottom - it appears to allow use of regular sights for buis.
    Interested to see how good the auto adjust turns out to be. Holosun continues to be quite a leader in pushing the envelope!
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Definitely. Makes the legacy RDS manufacturers look stagnant.
    Regardless of people trying to avoid buying things from China, Holosun produces things that have no competition.

It’s like avoiding iPhones or Apple products because they’re made in China.

At some point, having the better product might have to win out.

Seems like some smart product development engineers that actually are shooting enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Regardless of people trying to avoid buying things from China, Holosun produces things that have no competition.

It’s like avoiding iPhones or Apple products because they’re made in China.

At some point, having the better product might have to win out.

Seems like some smart product development engineers that actually are shooting enthusiasts.
    Ive been designing & engineering consumer and "prosumer" products for the last 15 years. Some of it made in the US, some in China. Some for small start-ups, and a lot for the big name brands(i.e. the junk you buy in big box stores).

I don't want to buy stuff from China. I don't like supporting Chinese companies. But I also loathe supporting companies that are just phoning it in and refuse to make products that consumers want to buy. Those legacy businesses who refuse to innovate are complicit in the rise of their Chinese competition.

One day I'll have to sit down and write an essay on it, but I've seen too many legacy brands destroy themselves through apathy and arrogance. I can't blindly wave the "buy American!" flag and support businesses that have no interest in serving the needs of the customer.

Sucks that the most innovative brand in this space is a Chinese business, but whose fault is that?

@littlejerry

Totally agree. When it’s American innovation and a cheap Chinese copy I would rather support the originator.

But when it’s American stagnation, I’ll support the company that makes the best product.

I’d rather buy a Kia / Hyundai than a Ford / Chevy these days.

Definitely would rather buy a Subaru than anything domestic for the same price point.

For what it's worth, Aaron Cowan said on FB that he's been using one for about a year now and the auto adjustment is the best he's ever seen... Multiple light sensors that communicate with each other and are smart enough and quick enough to adjust to WML and such without the shooter even noticing. Sounds impressive (and long overdue) if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Ive been designing & engineering consumer and "prosumer" products for the last 15 years. Some of it made in the US, some in China. Some for small start-ups, and a lot for the big name brands(i.e. the junk you buy in big box stores).

I don't want to buy stuff from China. I don't like supporting Chinese companies. But I also loathe supporting companies that are just phoning it in and refuse to make products that consumers want to buy. Those legacy businesses who refuse to innovate are complicit in the rise of their Chinese competition.

One day I'll have to sit down and write an essay on it, but I've seen too many legacy brands destroy themselves through apathy and arrogance. I can't blindly wave the "buy American!" flag and support businesses that have no interest in serving the needs of the customer.

Sucks that the most innovative brand in this space is a Chinese business, but whose fault is that?
    Totally agreed. I guess that Aimpoint is resting upon their military contracts because they clearly don’t know what “innovation” is.
    #RESIST

CBP published an RFI some months back regarding slide mounted optics. The ability to mount directly to a MOS slide was part of that, IIRC.

User Tag List