Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun Solar powered dot that fits MOS cut out

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My perfect world would be all makers adopting the ACRO cross bolt system, but I’m not sure that will happen. I’d think Glock would have started offering factory milled guns by now if there was a strong demand from CBP and other agencies.
    Glock has been offering factory direct mill guns for the RMR and shield footprints in Europe for several years. They have since added a factory direct mill gun for the Leupold DPP footprint. At this time they are available in the US only for Eli and military sales. In particular, I am aware of at least one army special operations unit using GEN 5 Glocks with the factory DPP cut And one highway patrol organization in the southeast United States which is adopting the same combo.

Smith & Wesson publicly offers an M&P 2.0 factory direct milled for the ACRO cut, which again is LE Agency sales only at this time. But if Smith and Wesson offers that You can bet Glock will offer it as well.

That’s the number one and number three suppliers of service pistols in the US LE market. SIG will be a tougher sell since they are also an optics company and want to keep their gun customers using their optics. In fairness to SIG their ability to provide a complete package of done with factory mounted optic has helped overcome some of the bureaucratic inertia for agencies looking to adopt red dot pistols. However, as we saw with the CBP solicitation’s RMR/DPP footprint requirement, if a big enough customer asked for P320s factory milled for the ACRO SIG will make it happen.

I’m not super excited about an optic on a full-size gun without a very exact fit to the optic pocket attaching with M3 screws. I suppose it’s what you get with an optic/plate on an MOS, but in that system the screw is almost flush with slide threads and I don’t know how a potentially longer M3 would hold up with large numbers and over time.

I’ll let a lot of people try this out… and not just the ones getting them for free…. Before I’d even consider using one for serious stuff.

The lack of manual brightness control is another issue. I don’t care if my optic looks like a mailbox or sticks out the side. That’s vanity in arms. I care that they work the way I want them to work.

This optic has been around at least since SHOT 2019 and there’s a reason no one else has replicated it in spite of the Border Patrol RFI. I believe the MOS cut is an immature direct mounting interface.

All that said, good on Holosun for pushing innovation. They will, in addition to their own development, continue to force other companies to make products better.

Site Supporter
    Seems like a great red dot for a Glock 26.5 MOS.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Seems like a great red dot for a Glock 26.5 MOS.
    Definitely. If I hadn’t already done my 26.5 direct milled for a RMRcc, I’d be considering just this despite my traditional shyness from using Holosun.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    However, as we saw with the CBP solicitation’s RMR/DPP footprint requirement, if a big enough customer asked for P320s factory milled for the ACRO SIG will make it happen.
    Just about the same time as Sig creates an Acro footprint dot that they can sell for less than an Acro.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Smith makes an M&P with an Acro cut. Glock is about to announce the same thing. If the forces of goodness, light and reason prevail, the army will change their optic mount requirement standard to a rail as well. THAT will force Sig to give up their devotion to the evil gods of Machined Screws. God willing.....

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Gimmicks completely aside I just want one that is designed for the actual handgun the way this one is.
    We as consumers need to just say no to mailboxes, suppressor height sights, and the sides of the optic randomly jutting out from the slide, when Holosun has shown the market it is not necessary.
    The MOS cut has been available for 7 years and no one else managed to do this? It's shameful.
    I shall remain hopeful that some other company has a similarly streamlined pistol dot design hiding in its coat sleeves for SHOT. It's a pretty thin hope, though..
    This. I just want to buy a gun, an optic, bolt the one to the other as is, and go. I don't want to futz with finding the perfect aftermarket plate. I don't want giant sights sticking up. I don't want to have to send the slide off for milling and refinishing. I don't want the optic sticking a mile high over the gun.

Just Gun. Optic. Assemble. Sight in, and go.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Name:  E2CD5916-2642-44F9-8803-16F53A715629.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  0A652D9E-6F3A-45DB-8458-A48A9784CA6B.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  32.4 KB

Name:  6376A33B-F04C-40E0-A834-7B47F7C96851.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  69.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Yes, seamless integration, as in seamless integration of operation. As in, all I have to do is pick up the weapon, look through the sight and use it. As in, if I have to make an adjustment, I can make that adjustment easily. Not "Damn, I wish I could make that dot brighter. Or dimmer. By simply pushing a button. Or turning a dial."

A big negative of the Delta Point Pro (not a Holosun, I know) is changing illumination levels. Reaching inside the sight, blocking the view of the dot while being able only to increase illumination is a poor design.

I don't want illumination control to be only automatic because it'll never be at the level I want or the compromise I can live with. That's not seamless integration. Clunky features like a solar panel instead of a charging port is not seamless integration.

Are Aimpoints perfect? No. I don't like I have to remove the turret caps and use a special tool to make sight adjustments, which is why I use FCD ATA caps on my micros.

Yes, the P2 looks like a mailbox. I mentioned that sometime back on another forum. Seamless integration of aesthetics is a whole other discussion and low on my list of priorities.

Holosun has come a long way astonishingly fast. But not all features are innovative. One Holosun feature that is- the giant circle that helps the shooter center the sight and find the dot. That's innovative.
    The solar panel is completely flush and out of the way. It’s about the least clunk option aside from the RMR that has to be removed to replace the battery.

And if the auto adjust works as well as the theory, it’s more seamless than anything with a manual adjust. Like the people that rogue an always on RDS is better than an EO with on/off button. Well executed auto adjust is as seamless as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    Name:  E2CD5916-2642-44F9-8803-16F53A715629.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  0A652D9E-6F3A-45DB-8458-A48A9784CA6B.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  32.4 KB

Name:  6376A33B-F04C-40E0-A834-7B47F7C96851.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  69.5 KB
    Cowan doesn't strike me as a shill, so I'm pretty excited to see this thing hit the market.

A micro RDS that's always on and never needs adjustment is bad-ass.

User Tag List