Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Holosun Solar powered dot that fits MOS cut out

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Any idea if they'll fit the new Equalizer?
    I would say no. This is for M&P CORE universal cut (S&W version of Glock MOS) while The Equalizer uses the Shield RMSc or Holosun K cut.

Do these work as a duty optic? Night time, rides in a safariland optic holster with hood? I like the idea of them, but the lack of quick swap battery would be a concern for a gun that sits in a holster 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I agree that the green is very bright. In daylight and indoor conditions, including messing around with weapon mounted and handheld lights indoors, it seems very responsive. Enough so that it is hard to perceive the change in brightness sometimes, which is to say that it seems to try to give you a dot that is visibly similar regardless of light conditions. I find that it is a little bright for my preferences when shooting 25 yard B8s and stuff like that, but by no means unusable. I wish they would have made the optic window taller. The low profile is great for iron sigh compatibility, but if this is the optic for people that want a simple transition, I would like to see a taller window to make dot tracking easier.
    I picked up one of these recently for a Gen 5 G17 and I agree the dot is very bright. Under most conditions, too bright for my tastes. I wish it were adjustable brightness as I've been spending time shooting small-ish targets at 25 yds. and could be more precise with a dot that's dialed down in brightness. The dot is >2 MOA for me when at typical brightness levels.

I like the deck height and not messing around with plates, but I too wish the window was bigger. Feels sim-to a 507k vs. a 507c.

Site Supporter
    I finally took my new Glock 19 with SCS to the range. I'm 55, so the bright green circle was nice to see. I thought the glock sights would hinder or cause an issue but I was concentrating on the circle. If the circle was gone, then the sights would be there. I thought about getting black sights but I'm not certain. Now, this was at an indoor, dimly lit range. Outside in the sun, I may have a different opinion.
    Last edited by Blades; 03-07-2023 at 08:31 PM.
    --Jason--

" I like the deck height and not messing around with plates, but I too wish the window was bigger. Feels sim-to a 507k vs. a 507c"]

Your observation is correct.

The SCS MOS window is precisely the same size as the 507K . . . . (.58" X .77")

The 507C window is larger than both the SCS MOS and the 507K . . . . (.63" X .91")

In terms of the non replaceable solar charged battery, how are these holding up? Any issues in functionality after periods of inactivity/ enclosed storage?

Trying to get a sense on Holosun’s claim the batteries work indefinitely under normal use.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    In terms of the non replaceable solar charged battery, how are these holding up? Any issues in functionality after periods of inactivity/ enclosed storage?

Trying to get a sense on Holosun’s claim the batteries work indefinitely under normal use.
    I stored mine inside a bag for a month or so before I started carrying it. It was working when I took it out. One informal test.
    --Jason--

Mine's been in the safe since the end of July. Once I get back to the USA in about 6 weeks, I'll post an update.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List