Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun Solar powered dot that fits MOS cut out

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Is it at least worth looking for smutz with a light and magnifier, without touching? Indoor ranges are dirty places, and it doesn’t take much to partially obscure the emitter.
    Yes.. if the retailer asks me to. I haven't tried dealing with this retailer's service before, so I'd rather not do too much to a brand new sight and get blamed for anything.

Sure, it's an indoor range, but it's a private range and we cleaned it thoroughly just a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Yes.. if the retailer asks me to. I haven't tried dealing with this retailer's service before, so I'd rather not do too much to a brand new sight and get blamed for anything.

Sure, it's an indoor range, but it's a private range and we cleaned it thoroughly just a few days ago.
    I’m suggesting just looking with magnification and light, not touching. It would give you more information for the return, too - “I examined it under good light and magnification, and the emitter is unobstructed.” You can do this with most smart phones, as a matter of fact - the magnifier function can take pics, too.

Does your indoor range have stall sides? Firing residue bounces around with each shot fired, and being indoors makes it like a lottery ball machine - it goes everywhere. It’s not about how well the range is maintained, if this didn’t happen with each shot you’d never have to clean the range.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 05-14-2022 at 07:14 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Is anyone else other than jellydonut seeing these begin to ship? I know Holosun said mid to late May, and they seem to be meeting that goal. I have no idea how heavy preorders have been, I’m hoping this isn’t another P-2 situation where large numbers of people sit around with their thumbs up their collective asses.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

This pile of Chicom garbage lasted for exactly 12 rounds before the reticles turned into random splatter.
    This, my friends, is the definition of a concise review. Lol.

Did you shoot it after the reticle splattered? I am having flashbacks to my RMR experience when the emitter lens dislodged. The dot splattered and the POI jumped.

I’m suggesting just looking with magnification and light, not touching. It would give you more information for the return, too - “I examined it under good light and magnification, and the emitter is unobstructed.” You can do this with most smart phones, as a matter of fact - the magnifier function can take pics, too.

Does your indoor range have stall sides? Firing residue bounces around with each shot fired, and being indoors makes it like a lottery ball machine - it goes everywhere. It’s not about how well the range is maintained, if this didn’t happen with each shot you’d never have to clean the range.
    Thanks for the inspiration, I decided to take a look - it being weekend and me obviously not getting a reply from the retailer also helped motivate me.

It looks like the glass or whatever is in front of the emitter has a crack.

Name:  20220514_170116.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  65.9 KBName:  20220514_170139.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  61.3 KB

With my luck the retailer will blame improper mounting even though I used a torque wrench.

Thanks for the inspiration, I decided to take a look - it being weekend and me obviously not getting a reply from the retailer also helped motivate me.

It looks like the glass or whatever is in front of the emitter has a crack.

Name:  20220514_170116.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  65.9 KBName:  20220514_170139.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  61.3 KB

With my luck the retailer will blame improper mounting even though I used a torque wrench.
    Ugh. That does look like a scratch, but I just don’t know how it would turn up like that after 12 rounds. Do you have any way of blowing air into that area to be sure it’s not a fiber? There really isn’t much you can do to damage one of these things.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Ugh. That does look like a scratch, but I just don’t know how it would turn up like that after 12 rounds. Do you have any way of blowing air into that area to be sure it’s not a fiber? There really isn’t much you can do to damage one of these things.
    That looks like either a scratch or a cracked/broken emitter lens.

I guess it's not clear from the pictures, but it's definitely a crack - not a hair nor a scratch.

Is anyone else going to do a direct MOS mount optic?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Is anyone else going to do a direct MOS mount optic?
    I bet the other companies are waiting to see how many SCSs are sold, then they may release their own.
    --Jason--

User Tag List